Thread: VBAC after 2 cesears!? anyone!?

Angry VBAC after 2 cesears!? anyone!?

Hey girls.

I am pregnant with my 3rd little bubby and after 2 cesears (one emergency for failure to progress and one elective), I am DESPERATE to have a 'trial of labour'. I am now 15 weeks and have basically be laughed at by all OB's and Midwives I have spoken too. I really dont know where to turn now and would love to know if any other mums have had vbacs after 2 cesears?

Well it can definitely been done. I know someone who has done it and know of others who have also. You just need the right info and right support - and if you are a doula and midwife in training, you should be able to find it.

Is it just private OB's and midwives who have laughed..... Maybe try to public system....

YOU CAN DO IT!

oh come & visit the EBAC & VBAC discussion group in the Labour & Birth forum, I'm sure theres a few there who have experience or advice!!!

I had 1 c/s emergency & a VBAC with my second child... I had quite a few people question my desire for a vaginal birth but in the public system everyone was happy for me to try (under their terms )

becmc Guest

Yes, you can definately do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about................a homebirth??? Check out the joyous birth website, www.joyousbirth.info, heaps of women have had homebirths after 2 caesars. You won't really get given a chance in hospital. They will put time limits on each stage, want constant monitoring which will affect your movement, really it isn't worth it. There is only a small chance of uterine rupture and I firmly believe that having an attentive homebirth midwife who is not overworked, doesn't have heaps of women to look after, and isn't relying on electronic machines with proven false positive rates is your best option. I am having a homebirth after an emergency c/s for supposed 'foetal distress', even though my son was born perfectly fine with an apgar of 9!!!!!!!
    Trying to have a vbac through the hospital system is like banging your head against a brick wall, I would think even more so after having 2 c/s's. As Christy said you have to do everything under their terms.
    Please check out the site, you will be amazed at the info that you will find.
    Good Luck.
    I really hope you can have the birth that you want.
    Bec

Hey girls. Thankyou so much for your responces. My uncle is an OB and he is one who rolled his eyes at me and laughed (literally) and the other is an OB from the same hospital also private who I was considering seeing but when I stated that I WANTED a vbac...he said, we will talk about that later. I immediately decided then not to continue my care with him. So....having previously had my two boys at a public hospital I went back to them and the Midwife didnt say no, but she seemed doubtful about whether I could. So basically it was another "wait and see". I dont want to WAIT!! I want to know now and be able to prepare myself for it. I will contact those people who you mentioned becmc, thankyou.

Im about to attemp a vbac after 1 c section? There is heaps of info out there.

Where abouts are you. I know the gyno im seeing is more than happy for a vbac. He is at the John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle. Im sure you will find someone.

There are heaps of gals here I have read had sucessful vbacs too. Good luck with it.

Kelly