Thread: Very Bizarre Question!

Default Very Bizarre Question!

I know this might sound a bit weird but if I can have some answers that would be great!

Today I was glossing my students mothers day gifts and the fumes were quite strong. Obviously I didn't sniff the stuff but you could smell it for quite awhile and now I'm a bit afraid that it might affect my baby. We did some inside near the door and the rest outside and it was very quick but now I'm not sure that was such a great idea.

Do you think there could be any concerns?

P.S. I'm 22 weeks tomorrow.

i doubt it if you did most of them outside??? I do know they say not to inhale strong fumes etc but given how many of us paint nurseries etc I am sure you and bubs will be OK... I am not an expert though!!!

BTW that wasnt such a bizarre q - i was expecting something REALLY weird!!

I spose it wasn't that bizarre! I'm sure I can come up with more! ha ha

I spoke to my ob just before cause I was a bit worried and he said no problem at all though he did say I might get abit of a headache! bubs will be fine though. PHEW!

ej_1974 Guest

i am sure you should be fine, esp as you were aware of it.
    its preferrable not to inhale fumes on a regular basis but our noses do have thousands of little hairs that stop all the bad stuff coming in so I am sure you and most importantly bubs will be fine

When I was pregnant with number one I will never forget this...we went on a holiday to a beach house with friends of the family. The mother asked her son (who has a few learning disabilities) to spray the house to get rid of flies. I kept saying that I was pregnant be careful etc. So after being reassured that the stuff was safe (if I stayed outside for 5 mins) I felt better. A few hours later I could still smell it so I went to the cupboard and sure enough he'd used some 24 hour spray. You were meant to vacate for 24 HOURS. I couldn't believe it, and we were in a remote spot and I had to stay there. I absolutely panicked all night and worried for rest of pregnancy.
    Anyway, baby was fine, so if I can make it through that, I am assuming you will be fine!! It's always a stress though and so hard to know if you're doing the right thing! Im sure bub will be fine. xoxoxo