Thread: very worried

Default very worried

hey girls i was just wondering im 12 weeks tomorrow and i can stop worrying about my baby i get to see the little thing on friday but im scared there is something wrong with it is this normal to feel this way at this stage most nights i cant sleep over it

I think it's only natural to worry that something is wrong. Do you have any particular reason to be worried? Strange symptoms or something? I'm sure you'll be fine. Congrats on making the 12 weeks.. and enjoy your scan! It's fun seeing bubby, and you'll feel much more at ease once you've seen him/her.

Hi Baiza,
    i completely understand how you feel, i am feeling the same way at the moment.
    i am almost 14 weeks and still feel like something is wrong or somthing is going to go wrong, its horrible, i wont let myself get excited about it.I have had my scans and after them i feel ok and really happy but then it kind of wears off and i feel scared and worried again.
    Im sure its normal.

Just think now you are worried about it while it is still inside, in a few months you will be worrying whether its warm enough etc.

Its just the joys of being a parent i suppose. The worrying never stops.

Enjoy your pregnancy (i should take my own advice shouldnt i?)

I worried all the time till I had the 20 week U/S and they did all the measurments and stuff - It is natural to worry. But you have to sit back and enjoy it a bit - nothing you can do is going to change what is happening inside there - and stressing only makes it more stressed on the baby.

Yep it is perfectly normal to worry and I think most of us do. I kept worrying about my scans too.

I hope yours went well. Please let us know how you went.

I worry all the time aswell! I don't have a scan until Feb! I just keep thinking that something will be wrong and occassionally I will still POAS to make sure I'm still pregnant - prtty weird huh!

Lisa

kerry Guest

Girls its perfectly normal, the worrying thing... every milestone (12w, 19w morph scan, 24w gestation, etc etc etc) has just bought me a new worry. First it was I need to get to 12w then everything is fine, I need to get past the morph scan top make sure there is nothing wrong and everything is fine... etc etc etc. We all worry and thankfully for the majority of us it is unnecessary but hey I'm 35w and I'm still worrying about silly little things.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure the worrying ever stops! I too worried for every scan and now I'm a day overdue and am worrying about the delivery and having a healthy child at the end of it!

Worrying is pretty normal, but lack of sleep doesn't sound too good!!
    I had major anxiety towards the end of my pg, and it was probably a form of antenatal depression.
    Hopefully your 12 week checkup will clear it all up, but if you are still having problems sleeping, I'd have a chat to your midwife/dr about it. They may refer you to a counsellor just for a chat. Thats what I did and it helped heaps Now I'm almost normal........ 8-[

Melinda Guest

I too think it's normal to be worried...I think we all do it to some degree, some more so than others.

I worried a lot until I reached about 14 weeks when I really felt like I was out of the 'danger zone'. Then once I felt kicks I didnt really worry too much at all....I hope you are able to relax soon!

As most of these wonderfully knowledgable chicksters have said, it is perfectly normal to worry. It usually hits me the day of my Dr's appointment and then I just have this massive freak out - then absolute relief when he says it's all going to plan. He has a good laugh at me each time I go in there coz he says i look like a nervous wreck!

angelique Guest

8-)

Hi Sweetheart,

I worried like mad to and still do. It is normal to worry (as my ob said) and if you didn't it would be abnormal. As time goes on you feel much better about everything. Just take it a day at a time and try your hardest to put things into perspecitve. It is so easy to go off and think the worst so try to bring those thoughts back and make them positive any way you can. Like my friend keeps telling me, you just have to let go sometimes.

Hard I know but as mums we need to give it a go for our own sanity.

Merry christmas and hope the scan goes well.

hey girls

just thought ill let ya know i worried for nothing i went for my 11 to 13 week scan today and i got the best xmas gift yet i sore my luttle bubz he/she looks so perfect as soon as i sure that heart beat i started to cry i was so worryed that there wasnt anything there i got ready for the scan and the doc kept getin called out then he finly started and i sore him/her..
    he or she had two arms two legs a head a bum 10 fingers and ten toes i even so bubz glop some flued and suck it thumb i can belive how at ezy i am know just can wait know to feel my little bubz kick iv gotta go back on the 10th of feb for another sacn and i can wait as i want to know the sex of the baby i would love a little boy cos iv already got a little girl but if its a girl ill be just as happy thanks girls for all your replys it put me a ezy a little

merry xmas and a happy new year

abs Guest

what an early pressie for you baiza

Congrats on such an awesome scan. I remember our 12 week one, and it was doing somersaults and stuff to begin with, but fell asleep with its arms across the face when it came time for the 3D scan

At the 20 week scan we found out it was a he - We can't wait to meet our Jordan come April

It's sooo amazing and unbelievable what they can see... Can't wait to hear about the 20 week one from you

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year too