Thread: Is Wasabi safe to eat??

Question Is Wasabi safe to eat??

I know it's a weird question to ask and i feel kinda dumb seeing as i already have 1 child but i had these awesome noodles the other day with a wasabi sauce (it's like 3tbsp mayo, couple of other sauces a little lemon juice and 1/2-1 tsp of wasabi paste so its not really hot just gives the sauce a little kick.)

I absolutely loved it when i tried it and she was moving and kicking all day (even before i had this sauce) but its the most active shes ever been and it just happened to be the same day as this sauce and it made me wonder if its ok to eat it.

I know im rambling but i dont see the doc for another week and a half so i figure i'd see if anyone on here knew anything?

Sorry I dont know if its safe or not but you've got my mouth watering....... YUMMO!

paradise lost Guest

Yes, it's safe. It was almost certainly coincidence that your littly was moving so much - and to be honest from when you begin feeling movement until about the 30th week they are ALWAYS moving more and more as they become bigger and stronger and thus more able to be felt, then it peaks about 30 weeks and slows down again from 37-8 as they run out of room

FWIW i ate sushi, including sashimi (and lots of wasabi ) all through my PG and the only result i can see is i have a kid who loves fish. If you think about it, if wasabi were dangerous the population of Japan would be tiny

Bx

Quote Originally Posted by hoobley View Post
    If you think about it, if wasabi were dangerous the population of Japan would be tiny
    ahhh yes very very true!!!

ide also agree that wasabi is fine...ive never been game enough to eat it coz of the um mouth on fire senario..

Thanks guys, had it on my noodles again for lunch on Sunday (she didnt move much at all that day) so i gather its pretty safe.