Thread: water

Default water

i am 17 weeks and just wanted to know how much water i need to be having everyday. at the moment im trying to drink 2 litres a day but is that too much water?

2 l of water a day is great.

I've been suffering from migraines lately and asked my doc if I should be drinking more than 2l of water a day and he said that 2l is more than enough, as long as you are going to the toilet regularily and the urine is clear you should be well hydrated.

I drink near to 3+ L a day at the moment. But i am constantly going to the loo lol. I think its the heat that makes me drink so much

2 litres is the minimum. If it is a hot day or you are very active then you should have 3 litres a day

Try spring or mineral water, I find it much easier to drink than the tap stuff which smells!

sajemsha Guest

Smile

I'm drinking 2 litres - 3 litres depending on how hot it is, I though I was drinking too much, but good, sounds like I'm on the right track.

i dont drink hardly any water at all - why is it so important ?

TeganRheana Guest

I drink abotu 3 l a day.

TeganRheana Guest

There are penty of reasons why it is important to drink water during pregnancy. Google "drinking water during pregnancy" and there is heaps of info

Tammy05 Guest

I drink at least 2L of water a day. If you find it hard due to the smelly and yucky tasting water then I recommend a filter. You can get cheap ones these days, so if you are on a tight budget like ours then you still can. Brita is good or whn you work out the cost of brita and the filters the sunbeam bench top filter is the better alternative. Drink up ladies! Cheers!

Luuuuuurve my Sunbeam bench top filter! Not that I mind tap water, but it's so good having it come out nice and cold if you want And DH actually drinks lots more water now! One of our best wedding pressies!

If it is the chlorine smell that bothers you, just fill a clear container and leave it on the bench for a while. Light will naturally cause the chlorine to form a gas and it will escape when you open the bottle. Then you can put it in the fridge to cool it.
    Taste studies have shown that people can't tell the difference between bottled water and tap water treated this way.

does carbonated mineral water or soda water have the same effect as flushing out your system as normal water? There is nothing added to it, is just carbonated.

I think it should be ok but I don't know if 3 litres of it would be a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by meegm View Post
    i dont drink hardly any water at all - why is it so important ?
    me too. i have never had a high intake of liquids. i dont like water im lucky if i have 2 glasses of cordial a day - and a few cups of tea

i got hooked on water when I was in hospital giving birth to Jackson. After the birth, I was just thirsty all the time, and that unreal water lady would come around constantly filling my cup with icy cold water. That was at Angliss, water is crap at casey where I had my thyroid op, they give you bottled water that isn't even refrigerated!!