Thread: Weird Feeling in Belly?

anistu Guest

Question Weird Feeling in Belly?

Well yes I know Im pregnant! Im 19w1d and have been feeling bubs move for the past few weeks quite well. But the last week I have had this really funny thing happening. It feels like my whole uterus tightening, usually from the bottom to the top and if you put your hand on it , it is quite hard. It usually only lasts for about 5 -10 seconds and doesnt hurt at all. Usually it happens about 2 - 3 times a day and I can be resting or standing.
    Is this bubs turning or what they call Braxton Hicks?
    Anita

anita shoulds like BH to me!!! i too had then from 20 weeks EVERYDAY and ALL DAY...

anistu Guest

So this is common and not just the baby turning like I have been told? Strangest feeling I have had so far. Freaked me out a bit.

It might be both!!!
    I too had BH early with DD, haven't had them yet with this one, but I do notice my Tummy tightening when bubs is moving about.

Sounds like BH to me

I agree it sounds like Braxton Hicks. It can feel really wierd if you don't know what it is.

That sounds like what my BH felt like earlier on.

Me too - tightening and belly goes really hard - mine more on the right than left. Have had it since about 20 weeks too - sometimes though its just in one spot and think its either a head or bum!!
    Hope they're not too uncomfortable for you- keep up the fluids!

Yep Bh - im having them too sometimes bit uncomfortable.... especially after i go to the toilet if i was busting