Thread: Weird Vibrating feeling...

Default Weird Vibrating feeling...

Hi, can anyone enlighten me? I'm 26 weeks and I keep getting a weird vibrating feeling right underneath my left breast. Is there anyway that the baby is reaching this level? It doesn't feel like kicking or proding - I'm having heaps of that down lower on the right side, but everytime I lay on my left side, and occasionally during the day, I get this vibrating feeling. I have tried pushing on it, and when I do it stops, but then starts again. Is this one of my organs doing weird things, or is it the baby??

Hello,
    I'm not sure whats happening but it could be a muscle spasm, I get them all the time mainly in my arm and you can see the muscle twitching it's pretty annoying. Maybe mention it to your mid wife

Default Thanks Kel84

But I don't think thats it. I can't see any movement, just vibrating all the time. It starts & stops. I just had my 4 weekly appointment with my obstetrician, so I will have to wait till the next visit - I forgot to ask him. I don't see the midwives - not until I go into hospital to have the bubbs. I also start my antenatal classes next week, so perhaps I could ask there?

Perhaps it is caused by lying on your left side? You said it happens under your left breast when you lie on your left side, maybe it's a nerve twitching?? Kinda like if you sit on your foot for too long and you get pins and needles .... it's just a suggestion, but maybe a nerve is being pinched causing the vibrating sensation?

ETA: And it might be a good idea to ask at your ante natal classes - the midwives may just have the answer!

Default thanks MountainMummy

Yeah I will ask at classes, rather than waiting till my next obs appointment - obviously its not urgent, just weird!! It also happens during the day when I'm sitting. I can't actually pinpoint it to one thing. When I press on it, I can feel a heart beat - so maybe its a vein or something?? Will keep you informed!