Thread: What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

angel_eyes Guest

Default What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

So I've been feeling the baby move heaps lately and I'm also having these other feelings which I don't think is the baby. I don't know how to describe it.

Can anybody explain what BH feel like?

Thanks

Jac

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    I've heard that they feel like tightenings, and your whole belly goes hard?!?!?!?
    erm... I get that after BDing. Is it a bad thing?

Hey Jac,

Braxton Hicks are tightenings and your tummy will go really hard, once the tightening finishes your tummy will go back to normal. These BH can get uncomfortable but they are good as it means that your body is preparing for the birth of your little bundle.

HTH ,Take care Leah

angel_eyes Guest

Thanks guys

So do these tightenings contract?

Maybe I haven't felt them yet.

As people have said, your belly goes rock hard tight and then lossens after. Some can'y fell it but i used to get pretty bad pain almost to the degree where i thought i was in labour because it went on for 3 hours! But then they just stopped.

When is the earliest you would feel this as I am positive now that this happened to me last week

i think it may be around 28 weeks or something not sure though? but i do know that you get then through your whole pg even if you dont feel them

Firts peg I got them a week before haveing ds.

Second preg I got them from 28 weeks.

This time around I was sure I had one at 13 weeks. When I spoke to Dr she said that the more pg you have the earlier you will feel them. She said if I was pretty sure it was one then it was. I have read somewhere that you can feel them from 12 weeks. I have felt the ocassional one but not as strong as my 13 week one. Basically they are what the above posts have said. They are known as practice contractions.

The funny thing was with preg #2 I thought with all those b/h I would surely go into labour naturally or be at lest a little dialated at term mut no luck. Had to be induced. Don't have my hopes up this time.

Mumof42B Guest

Hi Girls, this is my 4th pregnancy and have been having BH since approx 10 weeks. The last couple of days they have been quiet intense especially in the morning or during the night when I have a full bladder. When I had my u/s I had three of them and couldn't hold my bladder so the sonographer let me empty after the first one. She was even showing me on the screen what was happening but I was more worried about wetting myself at the time.

So these happen all through pg but not everyone feels them until later. With my 1st I didn't have them at all (that I felt).

lizza Guest

Hey, I have been having really strong BH this time. (2nd bub). First time round I never felt them and not sure if I ever had them but this time I have had heaps I'm 30 weeks now and sometimes I might have 7 or 8 a day. Some are quite intense.