Thread: What does it mean when DH says......

Default What does it mean when DH says......

"You can find out" re: the gender of our baby at the scan this afternoon?

As in he will be there but doesnt want to know..

would you?

Hi PP, I have a friend who was in the same predicament as you (baby actually due today). Her DH offered the same that yours has. She decided to find out at and has managed to keep it to herself (slipping a couple of times but then slipping the other way as well just to even things out). I personally think this is a good solution as everyone comes out happy. Just be careful about slipping!

I would find out too, and not tell him, before the scan tell the sonographer you wish to know not DH they will send him out for a couple of mins while showing you.

I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret from anyone, let alone DH. LOL, I'd let it slip before we got back to the car!

thanks jaxi!
    he will have to stay away from the nursery too!
    did ur friend decorate?
    did her huusband ever ask her what it was?

PP, we were opposites, my DH wanted to know and I didn't. I knew he'd let it slip so we didn't find out.

What did you do?? Did you find out??

Id get the sonographer to write then gender on a oiece of paper and put it in an envelope. Id slip up if i knew and DH didnt!

it might also mean - "i wish you wouldnt find out because if i know that you know i might end up wanting to know too, but i'd rather it stay as a suprise".

?? i dont know, i mean we are trying to get into a MANS head here ladies!!!

My friend hasn't really decorated. This is her #2 so they're using the same furniture and decorations as she had used for #1 (male). Everything is fairly neutral though so it could be anything. Her husband hasn't asked because he's really keen on keeping it a surprise but she says it's been difficult keeping to calling it "it" instead of he/she. She says her DH could probably guess from her slips but she's been doing her best to slip the other way and keep him guessing.

Well i thought about the kimbaz - but the excitement for me would be to actually see it on the screen.

Yeah well i know i will slip up and i am going to decorate the nursery- so DH would have to know that! lol the scan is a 4 - i pick DH up at 345 so will see if he says any more in the car!

lol Kitten!
    Yes i know he doesnt want me to find out and he thinks the birth will not be a surpirse if we knew - which i assure him it will still be exciting to meet our little baby .

I mean with DD we forgot to ask for about 15 minutes if it was a boy or girl because we were too excited about which of us she would look like! lol (we are very opposite in looks).

jaxi - the hard bit is i really want to get DD used to hearing the name around the house - like
    "lets go into '.......'s " room or
    "..............'s will sleep in this cot.....

so it will kinda not work for me if i know and he doesnt because then he wouldnt have input in names (not that we can think of ONE at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

That is a tricky one! If you want to name the baby and keep DH guessing you could always go celebrity style and name the bub after a piece of fruit.

[COLOR="Red"]DH just emailed me -
    "If it is SO important for you to find out i guess i can know too"[/COLOR]

I hope that is a yes and not a guilt trip lol if you know what i mean

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I hope you don't think I sound rude but I think you should either both want to find out, or both wait until baby is born. The only exception I can think of to this is if you really have your heart set on a particular sex and finding out will you you adjust/bond to baby. Otherwise, it's only a matter of some weeks until baby is born and you can still buy beautiful things for nursery once baby is born. I believe that neither partner should pressure the other into finding out if one wants to wait. Of couse, I realise that this is JMO. Men miss out of so many experiences we women have during pregnancy that I think they should have an equal say in such matters. Good luck though, whatever happens.