Thread: At what stage could others feel your bub kick?

lj268 Guest

Default At what stage could others feel your bub kick?

I am currently 20wks pg and am finally feeling bubs kicking quite a lot now. I have felt flutters for ages, probably since wk 14 or so, but these are real kicks, and even hiccups lol. It is an awesome feeling and I cant wait to share this with others.
    Last night I was having some really good kicks and I could feel them from the outside as well as inside, but dp couldnt feel them? I was like "are you sure you cant feel that?". Very annoying, but I guess Im feeling it from the inside as well, so it is easier to feel them and know when bubs has kicked. I reckon when other people can feel the kicks its the best thing cause it actually makes you feel more pg iykwim lol.
    Hope someone can help me out here, cause I have done some research and got some answers, mostly others could feel bubs around the 24wk mark.

Thanks Lindy

Bubs are cheeky things not letting daddy feel them kick! My 2 were always like that until around 22 weeks. But i started feeling DD's real kicks from 16 weeks and DS's from 14 weeks.

Hi Lindy

I'm having my 5th baby, so i could feel him moving from about 14 weeks. My DH first felt him from the outside at 18-19 weeks, he's a pretty good kicker lol

Hope it isnt too long till your hubby can feel the bub's too

Lea x

I'm 17 weeks and i've been feeling real movement the last couple of days. My DP has felt everything bubs has done in the last week but he find it even more obvious in the morning when i've got the big bump that sticks out.
    I have heard by having a real cold glass of water quickly it will increase movement and then maybe your DP could feel it then.

i cant wait until i can feel definate kicks..i am just starting to feel flutters atm its all so exciting

Hi, I had my 5th baby last december 2007, and I could feel little kicks/movements from about week 14,but with the others it was much later from about 18 weeks on, all pregnancies are so different,but in a book I read it said the more babies you have the earlier you can feel the movements, as you are more in tune with your own body, you kinda know what to expect after a few bubs.

i felt very very light flutters from 16 weeks onwards. And DH felt a definite kick last night (21.5 weeks)... YAY! Some of the earlier kicks have been big enough for DH to have felt them I think... but of course they always happen when DH's hand is nowhere near the belly!