Thread: Wheezing and Coughing

Default Wheezing and Coughing

Whenever I get up in the morning, I stand up and take a deep breath. With this I always feel a wheeze in my lungs and cough. I never do it any other time than after I have been lying down for awhile. Does anyone else get this and is it normal for this stage of pregnancy? It has only been happening for the past few weeks.

Lisa

Wow, I get that exact same thing. However, mine started before i fell pregnant. I notice it more in the mornings too, only when laying. If i sleep on my left side, i feel it in my left lung, if i sleep on my right side, i will get it in the right lung. But it goes after i get out of bed, after coughing, but sometimes coughing doesnt make it move. When i first started to get it, it actually felt as though water was running up my lung when i took a deep breath. It got a bit better when i was preg, but now that i have had my baby, it has come back again. I too wish i knew what it was.
    I had chest xray, and a test for asthma, and both came up normal.
    What does your Doc say? Let me know how it all goes.
    Take Care

Hi, I get the same thing but i do cough a lot during the day too i saw my GP about it last week and he said i have border line asthma and has put me on a bricanyl puffer. I am hoping this will clear up soon as it does get quite annoying and with a coughing fit comes tummy crapms because of the weight of the baby pulling on the muscles as they tighten when i cough. It really isnt fun. Apparently the bricanyl is completely safe to take at any stage of pregnancy but it does make your hands very shakey as a common side effect.
    Have a great day
    Mel

Lisa,
    How is your wheezing? Are you still getting it and did you find out what it was exactly??

No I haven't had it for ages, maybe it was a bit of a cold or just my lungs moving making room for bubs - all ok now

Hi Lisa
    I am glad to hear that you are over your lung thing. Mine is still on and off, but the Doctor is not that worried!
    Take Care and lots of best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.

Yes, I have this, gotten worse lately too. i don't think it's an infection though. Ever since I fell pregnant I've had hayfever type symptoms too that my mother (a nurse) thinks is a slight reaction to baby's waste products *shrug* who knows... my midwife doesn't seem concerned infact they never seemed concerned unless it's potentially life threatening. My sneezing is driving me nuts.... every morning for at least 2 hours after i get up and my face/inner ears/chest are so itchy!!!! (No rash, like I said, feels like hayfever...which i don't usually get btw).

let us know if your issue returns and if your carers have shed any light on the matter.