Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When could your DH feel the baby kicking?

Default When could your DH feel the baby kicking?

I've been feeling my baby moving for a few weeks now and am wondering when will my DH be likely to feel things too?

When could your partner feel the baby in your (first) pregnancy?

Kar,

I've been having movements for 3 or 4 weeks now and DH STILL can't feel it! I have no idea when our partners can feel it but maybe it's dependent on our individual bodies? I know a couple in our due thread have said their partners can already feel it...

MG

I have felt my hand get kicked for a few weeks now Kar (feels very different to just your insides getting kicked) - so he could have felt it from about 17-18w onwards. But no, the baby won't kick his hand, only mine (DH will only leave his hand on there for about 5 mins though, he's worried about putting too much pressure on). Liebling doesn't kick Daddy... maybe that's my job?

However, it's worth noting that I have no padding over the belly (or any other area) whatsoever, so I think it also depends on that; kicking through fatty layers means the kicks have to be harder to be felt. And you don't have to be fat to have a larger fatty layer than me.

DH felt bubs the other night. I was 22 weeks.

DH felt the first kick (but more like a pop sensation) when I was 18 weeks.

With my first pregnancy I think it was about 19w or so? BY about 21w my whole tummy was moving with all the kicks, but Jenna was very, very active (and still is!!). I have a reasonable layer of fat - I'm a good size 14 .
    This pregnancy it was about the same for him feeling them, but I started feeling kicks about 14w.

Well...Im 31 weeks and DH and I are still yet to feel kicks from the outside....this is due to baby's position....footling breech...so all her kicks etc and felt low in the pelvis etc...
    ...something to look forward to for next time...lol

So don't feel discouraged yet

DH felt DS move around the 25 week mark. But before this, i would get him to have a feel for movements, and bubs would stop moving as soon as he put his hand on my belly LOL!!

Chantelle Guest

I first felt both my bubs about 16 wks and hubby felt at about 18-19 wks

im about 17 weeks, and Dp and my Ds were watching my belly the other night and they could follow bub moving around no arms or legs just ripples, and the odd big movement i am very tight so you see everything. I was at a party today and one of the mums said you stomach just moved i had a t shirt on that was tighish. imagine me at 30 weeks:eek: same as DS.........BIG

Chantelle Guest

Is this your first? I was able to see everything with my first?

I started feeling movement early, and DF felt the kicks @ 16-17 weeks. I have to be lying down though. And this baby is really active at night.

Chantelle Guest

This time round majority of kicks can only be felt lying down. Must be the extra padding blocking it from number 1!!!

Chantelle Guest

Sorry Im new what does Dh Dp Df Ds etc stand for

with my first pg I felt bubba move at 14 wks and DH felt it at 17-18wks with this one I have felt movement since 12wks and have felt bubba move once from the outside. I think it's more that they have to kick the right spot. DS loved kicking outward whereas this one they seems to be towards the inside.

Thanks for all your replies everyone - it is amazing how different we all are.

catherine Guest

This is my first, and I felt bubs move at about 19 weeks. I think it was another couple of weeks before DH could feel anything.....but it does seem like all movement stops as soon as he puts his hand on my tummy. I must be having a girl......that is exactly the sort of thing I would do! After the first few times he didn't get as excited anyway - I could sit with my hand on my tummy all day and never get bored, it's the best feeling in the world.

I started feeling bubs move about 20 weeks and even though the movements got so strong that they'd make me jump, DH couldn't feel anything until about 28 weeks. He kept apologising that he couldn't feel anything but I felt bad for him that he couldn't share the latest developments. Bubs still has a cheeky habit of going quiet when DH puts his hand on my tummy.

KB??? It's CMc here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast