Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel your baby move?

Default When did you first feel your baby move?

When did you first feel your baby move? And what did it feel like?
    I can't wait. I'm 15 weeks and am interested to see when everyone had this momentous occasion.

With my first baby I think it was around 19 weeks. Its like a little flutter

Hey sweetpeajan
    In my first pregnancy with my son i felt flutters and slight kicks at about 19weeks
    With this pregnancy i felt flutters at about 15weeks, and now lol i get alot of hands and feet sicking out lol

Take care
    Eve

Hi Jan,
    I think i felt my DD @ around 18 weeks, my DS#1 at 13 weeks and this one at 13-14 weeks. I also think it depends on how "active" your baby is.. My Boys are extremely active, which i know is a good thing but sometimes i wish they would stop for an hour!!
    Goodluck with the rest of the pregnancy...

What does a flutter feel like?

Firstbump Guest

I first felt the baby move at around 18 weeks. I have an anterior placenta which means it is sitting accross the front of my belly and sometimes made it hard to feel movements.

The first movements felt to me like little soft tapping or little bubbles. Its amazing. I don't know that I recognized it as movements at first but that is certainly what it was.

I first felt Emerson first move at about 16 weeks.

ETA Mine felt like bubbles as well!

I felt this baby move when I was around 15 weeks... it felt like a butterfly or something tickling the inside of my tummy.

Hi Jan, I felt bubs at around 19 weeks too. I don't know if this happens to you, but when I'm really tired I can get a little muscle spasm in my eyebrow - like a twitch? It felt like that low down in my tummy.

I also felt my bub move for the first time about 19 weeks. I have been trying to work out how to describe how it felt to me, and I would have to agree with Snacks that it felt a bit like a big twitch at first. Now I feel bub everyday, some days more than others and he/she now kicks/punches my ribs and low down on my tummy.

Hi I felt bub move at 18 weeks and to me it is like a popping. The only way I can describe it is like you have lots of gas that you are trying to hold in and it pops, only I can feel it at the front. Its a weird sensation, but its good knowing bub is getting big and strong enough for me to feel.

I've been a bit worried. I'm nearly 12 weeks and I swear I've been feeling this baby move for the last week.

The reason why I'm worried is, my last pregnancy was a partial molar, the baby died around 8 weeks, but I kept carrying unknowningly. I had the fluttering feelings early, and thought, it has to be the baby, when I had the 13 week scan and found out the bad news I was naturally devastated.

When I spoke with my Obs and told him about the feelings, he said it was the uterus shrinking back down.

This time though it's mainly on the right and high up. It really does feel like bubs is jumping around in there. I've had a 7 week and 10 week scan, and at the 10 week scan bubs was VERY active!

I'm crossing my fingers this time around it's bubs and not something else, but I just feel it must be too early for it to be the baby. I have my next scan next Thursday, so I'll find out soon enough, but just wanted to know everyone's thoughts.

Tash, i have felt movements since 11 weeks. At first, I thought, no way! I thought it was my body, but now at 14 weeks, it is most definately baby, there is nothing else it can be and it's the same but stronger every week. With my daughter I also felt movements very early on.

It freaked me out at first too, which is why I wasn't saying anything to anyone that it was baby, I thought I was imagining it or there was something wrong. But now the same twinges are turning into flicks and long movements IYKWIM.

I would feel very safe if you had a scan at 7 and 10 weeks and all was good It cant be a molar. You poor thing, what a traumatic experience last time with not finding out till 13 weeks, it's no wonder you feel like you do this time.

I'm sure you are like me and it's your little bubba bouncing around, or digestive twinges if it's higher up.

OK - I feel completely nuts. I have had the low tickling feeling since about 7 weeks but is it really possible to feel it so soon????? I had another u/s at 10w3d and *alf* was bouncing around quite happily and very active. I have had tickling episodically all day today and I am sure it felt the same with Caitlyn but not this soon.

Please get the straitjacket ready for me .... I think I am going nuts (or it is a serious case of wishful thinking)

Cool

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is Blobble moving or not. Perhaps the easiest way to describe it is if I'm touching a low-toned bell that's ringing - but its in my belly.

Also when I stand up after being on my puter - or bending over - or when walking down stairs - it feels like there's a gymble in my tum that's moving around. And its making ME feel rather sea-sick! Goodness knows what Blobble's thinking about it all.

With my first, it was at about 16 weeks, with this one, at 14 weeks.

beastie Guest

around week 15.. but i was really sure its the baby around week 18

Thanks for your note Tara, I don't feel so bad now!

On Friday when eating lunch, it went flutter, flutter, on my right side and it was really obvious! (to me anyway). I was sitting with a whole bunch of work mates (we have an office lunch every Friday) and I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I didn't put my hand on my tummy because that would have been very obvious.

But I really do think it was bubba and it did really freak me out! Just because I thought it was too early.

Nothing more since though. I'm going to ask them on Thursday if it's sitting more on the right as when ever I've had those feelings they are always on the right side.

Michelle71 - I think at 7 weeks is too early as it's just a sack and blob still. It would have more likely been your uterus moving and growing. But if you're feeling something now, it's a good chance it's the bubba. When's your next scan??

Kazbah, I would say at the stage you're at, it's definately the bubba!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast