Thread: When did you start feeling uncomfortable?

sammycat Guest

Smile When did you start feeling uncomfortable?

Hello!
    I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have started to notice that my lower back begins to ache after I have been standing for a while. This has me wondering how I will feel in the coming weeks! When did you start to feel uncomfortable and "over" being pregnant?

I had a really bad back issue for about 3 weeks from about 25 weeks......I can remember thinking there was NO WAY I could continue for another 15 weeks, but luckily my back fixed itself.

I am now nearly 35 weeks, and feel HUGE, but not over it or umcomfortable through the day, but I do wake myself up at night as I try and turn over, which is irritating............

Dani_B Guest

geez 25 wks if I could be so lucky...

I've been uncomfortable for about a wk and 1/2 and I'm only 17wks LOL! Its my 3rd but I go see a chiropractor until I'm 30wks and then have pregnancy massages. It feels better, and you get the fluid moving.

The last six weeks of third trimester were the most uncomfortable (coincided with me leaving work, luckily).

I had the backache thing at the start of each new trimester too. It settled down after a while, I guess as my body got used to the changes.

I've just started to suffer in the last 2-3 weeks so I'd say it started about 28 weeks. It was about the same time with my last one too.
    I'm finding I can't walk around or stand for very long, can't pick up my toddler as much as I'd like and I'm puffed by the time I get to the top of the stairs at home
    It only gets worse from here

motherduck Guest

Im currently 23 weeks with twins and just starting to sleep light Hear every noise and feel all the twitches to only 15 or so weeks to go.

Hm, I have ten weeks to go and only get uncomfy at night when I'm trying to sleep.
    With all you who have achy backs....how's your posture? Mine was pretty crap before I got pregnant, but since making a conscious effort to improve it, it's been AWESOME!
    I started standnig with my feet shoulder width apart, heels slightly outward, butt tucked in and tried to rest a little more on my heels than my toes....it's done wonders for me....
    Last edited by chocolatecatty; August 18th, 2006 at 06:55 AM.

I was really uncomfortable from about 20 weeks (or so I thought), then it got worse between about weeks 28-34 (when I also was 'over' the whole pregnancy thing)...mostly backaches, trouble sleeping, hurt to walk far etc. I finished work at 34 weeks due to doctors orders and although I have been uncomfortable since I can at least do things at my own pace and lay down when I want or need to. I still get the occasional sore back and still have trouble sleeping but it doesn't matter so much now and I'm also not as in as much of a hurry to get him out anymore either. Finishing work does wonders!