Thread: when do i start feeling better?

Default when do i start feeling better?

I always thought that the 2nd tri is ment to be the best. When you are feeling top of the world stuff. Well, thats what the books say anyway......
    But i feel like crap. And probably more tired now then in the 1st tri, dont feel much like eating, still feeling quesy.
    Is this all still pretty much normal? I had day off work wednesday, sickie, but really for Perth meet up and Thursday morning felt great till about lunch time, but since then, havnt felt all that good.
    Am not due back at obs till about 16th feb, should i try and see him earlier, see my normal gp, or just grin and bear it as just normal preg stage? Everyone is different right?
    Just some advice, or reassurance would be good.
    Thanks

Hi mum2bee
    It sounds pretty normal to me. A few lucky women have very few symptoms throughout there pregnancy. But there are other women who suffer most of the symptoms for most of their pregnancy. And then there is the other group who’s symptoms come and go through out the pregnancy

Debbie Lee Guest

With Gabby I had morning sickness from 7 weeks to 17 weeks (vomitting every morning from about 10 weeks).

This time I've been queasy and tired but nowhere near as bad! I'm 12 weeks today and so far not one vomit! Phew!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you might be feeling yuck for a bit longer yet. I didn't start to feel better again until 18-19w, and then it was just getting rid of the all-day sickness. I didn't feel GOOD until 22w or so. Now I'm just hoping that since I got the energy and everything late, that the 3rd tri exhaustion will be late arriving for me too

Yep it sure is different for every one, and in my case, the second pregnancy is different thatn the first.

I am 24 weeks and feeling completely crap. For about the last fortnight I've been tired most of the time, and a bit faint and wobbly, and it makes chasing after a 2 1/2 year old very testing! Some days I think I must function on auto pilot just to get to work and back.

I did have a "feeling great" spurt this time around, but it was from about 15 to 21 weeks. Last time it lasted a lot longer, I guess I was lucky.

Just started taking my pregnancy vitamin supplements again, which I had stopped after 1st trimester, maybe that will help?

Hang in there mum2bee, you never know what's around the corner, and hopefully for you it's lots of good stuff!

Heys Mum2Bee ...

I was hanging out for the feeling of warmth that apparently comes in 2nd tri, and also the feeling better.

I have noticed lately that I do feel better, but that's cause the symptoms I was feeling previously have changed - no more m/s, but there's indigestion. Not as much exhaustion, just more feeling "heavy". And then the bub moves and it all feels tiny, the way you feel, cause there's something in your belly that's moving independently of you...

Hang in there *hugs*