Thread: when do you start putting on weight?

Default when do you start putting on weight?

Hiya,
    I hit the 20 week milestone in two days and was wondering when I will start to weigh more? I'm only one kilo over my pre-pregnancy weight (lost about four due to m/s but put them back on once it was over).
    Not worried, just curious!

I haven't weighed myself much as I don't own scales but here is my weight gain so far.
    I weighed myself when I was 6 weeks PG.
    At 10 weeks I lost 1 kilo.
    At 24 weeks 5 days I'd put that 1 kilo back on plus 1
    At 28 weeks 2 days I'd put on 6 kilos in 4 weeks :eek: But I have had a major tummy pop out with that weight gain.
    So that's 7 kilos on so far, 8 including the one I lost and put back on.
    My previous PG's I put on 18kg and 16kg in total so we'll see how this one compares soon enough!

I think it's different for everyone.

With my first pregnancy i had put on about 6kgs by 20 weeks.
    I'm now 20w4d with #2 and have so far only gained half a kg. I lost 4-5 kgs due to morning sickness and have only gained the half kg from that, so really haven't put on anything at all.

Ihave gained about 5kg so far. Which is good because with my second I am sure I had put on about 8 by now and by the end I had put on about 20 odd kgs! which is alot for me! With my first I think it was about 14kgs that I put on.

Lorin Guest

Well i am 22 weeks tomorrow and have really only put on 2kgs! I did not have any morning sickness at all just nausea.

I put on at least 10 kilos in first trimester!! cLassic! Everyone is different though. I'll bet Angelina Jolie put on VERY little weight during her pregnancy!! xo

I'm 18 weeks and weigh now what I did the week I got pregnant. I did loose 5 kg due to m/s but have now put it all back on LOL

Ive put on around 10 kilos since ive been pregnant. I had no morning sickness. But being that im tall, no one can tell the difference apart from my belly.

I hadn't gained anything until 20 weeks... and I didn't have any m/s to blame either. Actually, I ate like there was no tomorrow.
    I gained 1kg between weeks 21-23
    And packed on another 6 since then, making 7kgs all up.

Weird tho, as my appetite has actually decreased since week 20 and I'm eating a lot healthier. Still walking as much as usual too, just my body has finally decided that it is time I 'looked' pregnant!

I did start out at relatively underweight for my height tho.