Thread: When does bubs move up?

Default When does bubs move up?

Hi all,
    i think ive been getting little movments down there latley but, im just not sure. No real kicks ATM. I was just wondering when bubs moves up higher? im 16weeks. I know i felt Logan 'go nuts' at 21weeks but i thought with your others you feel them much sooner?

TIA

Simone

Hiya Shorty,

I don't know when bubs move up but I have only had one decent kick and that happened about 2 weeks ago now. I get a sensation every now and then when bubbie moves but no real kicks as yet.

As much as I am hoping they will start up, no doubt in a few weeks time I'll be wishing I was back at this stage again

This is my first bubbie so I have nothing to offer for second/third timers though

Nae x

Thanks Nae. Its the best feeling, just kinda wish it would hurry up already lol.

Your uterus basically moves upwards 1cm per week - so at 16 weeks the top of it should be roughly 16cm from your pubic bone, which is how they do rough measurements at check ups. Not that accurate but gives a rough idea! At 16 weeks the top of your uterus is roughly halfway to your belly button and bubs is pretty small still, so you might not feel big kicks for a few weeks when bubby runs out of room! Ive felt flutters but I remember I didnt feel alot of movement until 21 weeks with Izzy and then around 24 weeks for actual big kicks!
    Hth! I can't wait to be booted regularly again either!!

Also depends on position of your placenta and your size. This is my third, I feel rolling type of movements probably when bubs is still making the most of having some space. 20 weeks+ I think is on average when you start to feel some definite kicks. Anterior placentas might muffle it a bit for you too (like mine - again grrr)

I can't wait !

Lol, guess im not the only one who loves to be booted

Thanks ladies,
    guess ill have to wait a little longer.

Simone

A couple of weeks back, I could only feel movements if I was laying down and really relaxed... But now, I feel my little girl moving around when I'm doing my every day activities (She's a little less active when I'm up and about though).
    I think I was about 16 weeks when I felt the first flutters....
    You know it'll be funny to see what we're all saying in a few more months.. when we're so tired of being kicked about, and wishing for some peace!