Thread: when does the tummy get hard

Default when does the tummy get hard

Hi
    Im 18 weeks now and although i have popped and my tum is roundish its not hard its still squishy. when does the tummy go hard?

Sara

Hi Sara, my tum never really went "hard" because I had a nice soft layer of cushioning over the top of it ! The only time was really much later on during a braxton hicks contraction, when all the muscles tightened.

and when does the belly button pop out?

My belly button never popped out for either. I think my tummy probably got hard at around 30 weeks. Think it varies with each person though xoxo

Im nearly 20 weeks and my belly isnt hard yet. It seems a lot harder when I am laying down but when I am standing it is squishy so probably still a while before bely goes hard, maybe when the baby is a decent size cause they still have lots of room to move!

Maybe I'm weird but my tummy went hard nearly 6 weeks ago!!!

lol your not weird Nicky! Everyone is different. My tummy muscles are pretty toned due to hours at the gym so my tummy just feels the same.

I would argue the point!!!( about me being weird, I am!!)
    I do not have a toned belly region!!! The exact opposite!! But I did notice that from just below my boobs, to below my belly, where i have really popped out, is really hard!

Maybe I'll just go with the whole gym toned thing...... I do have a membership!!! lol
    Noone would ever beleive it!

my tummy has been hard for the last 5-6 weeks, but had been rock hard since Lachlans major growth spurt, so the last week or so has been really hard. It is also harder at night time then it is in the morning.
    My belly button starting popping out a while ago, but in the last week and a half it has really poped out, not a complete outty yet but not far off!!

Hi there. Sadly, my belly button didn't pop out at all I was a little disappointed! I also had a funny shaped bump that reminded me of a beer gut, so mine never went rock-solid either...

pint Guest

I think it varies with people. I had a 4 pack before and never had much fat on my tummy and it is pretty "hard". My sister had a lot of fat on her stomach pre pregnancy and she had a soft belly but sort of firm at the same time

Mine has been hard from just above the belly button down to my pelvic area for the last week or so...i am 19 weeks pregnant and only just started showing in the last week or two, so Im thinking that its feeling hard because what I am showing is all baby...

Mine has pretty mucvh been hard all along but i was only 52 kg when i got preg...

My belly has been hard for ages too, but then it always was a bit dome shaped!! Must depend on the individual. Sometimes mine feels hard in places and I trhink that is where the baby is.

I think if your belly button doesn't stick out normally it won't necessarily pop out when you are pregnant. My sisters didn't and mine still has a way to go and I'm 24 weeks.

me too mine was pretty deep and im 24 weeks and mine is about 1 1/2 cm off being flat .....

my tum is sometimes really hard - must be where bubs is sitting, but, othertimes, is firmish, but, there is a soft bit to get thru before it goes firm - IYKWIM?
    Belly button is normally deep, but is only about 1/2 as deep now as to what it normally is.
    I have funny shaped belly to - not much of a belly, but, its not nice and round. Not saggy, but, sorta more oval and long - with an slight indent where the waist "should" be.

My belly button popped out at like 16-18 weeks, although I wasnt really showing that much yet. My tummy only really went very hard around about 30 weeks.