Thread: When will i feel bub move?

Default When will i feel bub move?

Im almost 15wks preg with first bub - have read alot about other ladies starting to feel bubs lil flutters and im not yet - i know everyone is different and i know there is alot of threads on this but i guess i just need reasurance that all is okay - i dont even feel pregnant!!!!

Yep with my first it was about 18 wks too, but I was unsure if that was what it was, by 20wks I was pretty sure. This time I was about 16wks when I was pretty sure it was bubs moving. I guess it's just because you don't know what to expect with first pg's, when you know what it will feel like with subsequent pg's.

Smile

Hi, I was asking exactly the same question when I was around that mark in my pg. Every woman is different, some feel bubs really early & some dont feel anything til a bit later. I know i just wanted to feel something so it would feel real coz like you i didnt realy feel pg either. I started feeling movement around 17wks.

HJ, sweety, I never felt my first bub until between 16-18 weeks and it felt like butterflies.

Try not worry, I'm sure your bub is fine and you've most probably have felt movements but haven't realised .

hugs xoxo

I felt this bub move - just flutters once at 12 weeks, then once again at 16 weeks. Nothing again til 20 weeks when I felt a tap. The next couple of weeks were just slight taps very occasionally, then the regular movement started up.

I felt butterflies around 18 weeks and then real kicks from 21 weeks but everyone is different. I know people who never felt the fluttering at all and only the kicks.

With Isabelle I didn't feel a thing, not even flutters until I was 21 weeks! This time I have felt a few tiny flutters but not for a week or so. My m/s really eased up about a week or so ago and I'm not huge, and still have a really soft tummy so I am at that phase where I don't feel pg either! It will come hun, everyone is different, and by around 18-20 weeks bub will run out of room and we will definately start feeling like we are being booted on a regular basis!
    Good luck!!!!

I was feeling the same HJ, but at 18w 1d, there was my first 3 kicks. I wasn't sure that was what I was feeling or not, cos it kind of felt like a nerve twitching. No butterflies or light movements for me. From then on though they got more and more regular and now at 26 weeks there is no mistaking that feeling!

A friend of mine was exactly the same - felt nothing, but bang on the dot of 18 weeks she got definite kicks, no butterflies.

The one thing i have learnt through this pregnancy is that there is no 'normal' and that BB is the best place to find that out!! And the best place to find out that you aren't alone!

Hey Harmony!

I didn't feel Emy (or Cashie, as she was called at the time) move until after 20 weeks.

I am sure everything is fine with Peanut! And when you first feel those little flutters it will be very exciting for you!

Love heaps!

I am the same as Allipralli, I didn't feel my first DD move until I was about 26 weeks.....but I am pregnant with my 2nd DD and I felt flutters from about 17 weeks. But in saying that, I also have a question, why is it we feel our second much earlier than the first? It may sound stupid but I knew the difference between flutters and gas (TMI) but I felt strong kicks really early on with my second which made me wonder why I didn't feel them as early as my first?

hj1981, I didn't feel movement until just after 20 weeks, even then it was just butterflies. I remember being at my 20 week scan, we could see bubs moving around like crazy and DH was amazed that I couldn't feel a thing!

So I wouldn't be worried about not feeling movement for quite a few weeks yet. Enjoy your sleep now, before long you may be kept awake by kicking until the wee hours!

With my first pregnancy I didn't feel baby move until around 22 weeks, this time I'm 17 weeks and starting to feel little flutters.

About 16 weeks with my first one but it never felt like butterflies. It literally felt like someone tapping me on the tummy...from the inside

Don't worry you'll feel it soon enough

I have to say i felt flutters at 9 wks with this one, felt 1 movement last week (felt more like a punch, dont think he liked what hubby and i were doing, lol) and with #1 i felt a movement at 15 weeks. Everyone is different though and with your first its espeacially hard to tell whats what, if you don't release gas after its most likely baby, but if you do its just natural stuff going on. Also depends on ur pre-preg size (skinnier u r to start with more your likely to feel it)
    If your worried ask the doc to hear the h/b or i've heard to get baby moving drink icy cold water really fast, apparently it wakes them up although i've tried it once and it didnt

hi HJ
    i didn't feel DS until 19 weeks and then it was only during an ultrasound that i realised that's what it was! this time i've been waiting and anaylising everything and am sure i felt small flutters around 14 weeks. good luck hun

Thanks Everyone for replying - my mind has been put at ease a bit!
    the other night i was lying in bed and i rolled over onto my side and i think i may have felt something - it was like a ripple - but than it could be all in my head!
    i took everyones advice and i asked to hear HB when i went and saw my doc yesterday and it was beating away!!!
    Bring on the big kick!!!!!

This is my first PG and I felt a small kick just before 19 weeks, although I wasn't sure if it was or wasn't baby at the time, and only felt it as I laid on my stomach to go to sleep and off it went, just 1 single kick. A week later got the same small sensation again. Then about 2 or 3 days later started to feel like a 'popping" sensation on a daily basis.
    I wouldn't say it felt like butterflies at first, which is how people had described it to me, more like someone was letting off one of those things were you turn it inside out, put it on the floor, and it pops up. Felt like that against the inside of my stomach. Now it's just kicking like a punching sensation. The "butterflies" description I think, or from what i've felt, is like the baby runs it's arm or leg against the inside of my stomach so it's a really fast flutter across the belly.
    I absolutely love being able to watch my tummy and see the kick's now, makes me giggle every time!! Gotta love it when you are lying watching TV and the baby makes your PJ's visibly move!!! hehehehe
    Be patient and I'm you'll be feeling them in no time.
    Once you feel them, then comes the frustration of you being able to feel them and waiting for others to be able to feel it. My sister felt the first one while we were at a concert and I'm pretty sure baby was dancing!