Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are you supposed to "pop"?

Bess Guest

Default When are you supposed to "pop"?

People keep talking about this magical "pop" that happens to your belly when you actually start to look pregnant. I am interested to know when others have "popped". I am just kinda over looking and feeling fat and look forward to looking pregnant!

think most ppl say it seems to happen to them around 15 - 16 weeks

summ_mum Guest

it just happened to me a couple of days ago... my husband noticed it and that's when i knew i finally looked pregnant and not just fat! i know how you're feeling!

I think it depends how many babies you have had. I am 9 weeks and already look pregnant but I have had two babies before so my muscles are ALOT looser than a first time mumma. On the other end of the extreme, I have seen a first time mum at 21weeks still with a 6pac!! haha. So it all depends on your body I guess....

I'm still waiting, I'm nearly 17wks. People keep commenting how I don't look pregnant. Bess I completely understand what you are saying. I'm getting very impatient for this mysterious "popping".

I realise everyone is different but I'm getting paranoid something is wrong but my OB last week said baby was growing well so I just have to be patient.

Bess Guest

I know what you mean about being paranoid that everything is okay. I was a nightmare in the 1st trimester. I must have done 4 pregnancy tests just to check I was still pregnant....LOL, what a fruit loop!

My clothes don't fit as well but I feel like I would be faking it if I went looking at maternity clothes just yet. I am still paranoid and anxious of telling too many people I am pregnant until I actually look it or can feel the baby moving in case something is wrong.

I shocked another unknowing parent at my school today....even though I am 16 weeks.

Don't worry in a week or so it could all be out for the world to see.

By the way .... then your belly becomes a place for just about everyone to rub. I think they think its lucky like a buddha belly!

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Jac

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that I "popped" just last week. This is my first pregnancy and last week was my 19th week. All of a sudden people are noticing and going from the week before where they were saying they would never have guessed I was pregnant. My clothes don't fit anymore and I went to the maternity wear shop on Saturday to get new ones!

pint Guest

It will vary with people. My belly is out there because I think the way the baby sits and how my fat is distributed around my body. I am pear shaped. I don't think it always may necessary depend on 1st or 2nd pregnancy because I know someone who is due 3 days after me and her belly is very different to mine (her first baby).

sajemsha Guest

I think it depends on how many babies you've had, with my first I didn't pop until after 20 weeks, now I'm having my fourth and I popped at about 10 - 12 weeks, now I look very pregnant at 18 weeks.
    Everyone looks and feel pregnant at some stage there's no getting out of it.
    I hope you pop soon, take care....

i look pregnant in the evening lol in certain positions if that counts? if i wear a tightish top it is taking that shape atm i would say its half way between pop and looking fat lol i am hoping it comes really soon two but i am not even in the second tri yet

I had only a tiny pot-belly until I was about 21 weeks. I didn't need to start wearing maternity clothes until about 25-26 weeks. Now I definitely look pg, but not as much as most people expect a 7.5 month pg woman to look. You'll probably get sick of the comments such as "where is it?" and "oh you're so SMALL", but I'm starting to realise that people don't mean to upset you - they just don't think

I wouldnt say i have 'popped' as such, have tum, but i reckon i am still in that, is she fat, or is she preg stage. Most people dont notice i am preg at all. Am still on all my normal cloths. I have been wearing a belly belt for a few months now, but, only the smallest one, but, still, you cant really tell that i have a preg belly.

I am 19 weeks preg and still in that, is she fat or is she preg stage too...When I see my family and friends the first thing they say to me is "where is the bump". I too was worried that something was wrong as I am still so small, but my doctor reassured me last week that it is just good muscle tone...

My mum is iddybiddy and I was a MASSIVE baby, she seriously looked very preg at about 7wks onwards! My aunty on the other hand (she was annorexic and had a tiny baby) didn't show until almost 7 months and even then just looked like she had a "bloated" look she never looked pregnant, scarey huh

I think I popped around 16 weeks!

I'm nearly 24 weeks and people still get shocked when I tell them how far along I am. it does hurt though when people say 'oh, you're so tiny!' because I want to look pregnant!! I'm sure it will come though! And I don't worry too much, cos the little Barklette certainly knows how to kick his mummy!! He's definitely in there

With my first baby, I didn't pop until around the 20th week. I think it will also have to do with your stomach muscles. The more toned you are the longer it will probably take until you are REALLY showing IYKWIM. That's why more second and third time mums show alot earlier because our tummy muscles are alot looser, and well let's just say we have alot more room for the baby to grow into

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast