Thread: where do you feel the baby move?

Default where do you feel the baby move?

I thought I had been feeling bubs move but something I read the other day made me wonder if it was too high to be her. Pretty much everything I've felt has been above my belly button. The placenta is anterior - I don't know if that affects where I would feel movement. I'm also carying relatively 'high'.

Do you think it is bubs?

Thanks

Julie, I usually feel the kicks a bit lower down than my belly button, but i do feel them up higher sometimes too, above my belly button. I think since about 4 weeks ago (about 22 weeks) I could feel them high up. My placenta is also anterior, but i have no idea either if that makes any diffrence.

Earlier on I felt bubs kicking lower then it gradually moved up until now it seems to kick me absolutely everywhere (maybe i have an acrobat in the making!). I think having an anterior placenta can mean that it may be longer before you feel bubs because you have some extra padding in front, but other than that not too sure.

Cool

Bubs is kicking / poking just below/above/around the belly button. I asked the sonographer where bubs was and she said behind the belly button, so I guess it was bubs!

Last night was sitting with the cat on my lap, and I swear bubs was poking the cat. I told DP "This is definately your baby" as he pokes the cat whenever he thinks he can get away with it

I have an anterior placenta too. I mainly feel bub kicking on either side, sometimes way down low, but lately I've been getting kicks up high too - definitely above the belly button. If I rest my hand on top of my bump I can feel those kicks easily.

Bob was kicking me way down low from weeks 15 - about 18, but the past couple of weeks he's been getting more adventurous and I'm feeling him either side, just below my belly button. He's down low more often though, he likes it down there

Hey Julie, I reckon you're feeling your baby. How exciting!
    I don't know where my placenta is, but I've generally felt my baby's movements best up high. Everyone grows differently, so I would think you'd have more idea of what's going on in your body than the book you're reading.

It probably is bubs, your uterus should be around your belly button now. I've noticed this bub kicks really high, booting me in the ribs even now - not looking forward to later :-)

I think it's the baby too. Very exciting!

What I *think* is bubs kicking is very low down - right down along my knicker line and a couple of inches about that.

when i had my 20 week scan bubs feet were behind my belly button and at that stage bub kicked up there mostly now it is either really low (OOOWCH) or either side down pretty low with the occasional kick up high

I'm 26-27weeks now... and mainly feel blob kicking out my right side... But occassionally i get the kicks really low and some high... I think she taking after my brother as a kickboxer... coz she's got a really good kick on her already! Getting stronger by the day! :P

Caro, that sounds a lot like mine! Bob is VERY active and it's nearly always down REAL low LOL. I keep telling him to move up a bit so that other people can feel him. I don't want people touching my belly quite that low LOL!

LOL, im the same! I either feel him right down there or above my belly button. But now hes started to kick just below my right rib which is starting to get really uncomfortable.

I feel my baby down really low, around my pubic hair line and I definately dont want people touching down there lol! I sometimes feel along the side. I have an anterior placenta too, so I'm not sure if its got anything to do with it?!