Thread: wierd feeling!!!!!

Default wierd feeling!!!!!

Hi i just thought i would share this, to see if you girls know what this is. I keep experiences this weird twitching or muscle spasm just under my ribs on one side. Im 24 weeks now, i thought it might be braxton hicks, but im not sure as this is my 1st pregnancy, it doesnt feel tight or anything, it just spasms?????
    Any ideas or has anyone else had this too.

thanks

georgette
    xx

Sounds more like your bub might be kicking you there. BH is usually lower down and comes with tightening.

I occassionally get the same thing on my left side just under my boob. I will be interested to see what others say because I'm not sure that it is kicking - I get kicks down and above my belly button but this feels different - it is literally a spasm.

I have been getting very sore ribs and high in the back - especially if I sleep with too many pillows or sit in the same spot for very long. I thought that maybe the twitching had something to do with that and the changes in muscle and skin. I havent been worried about it though but seeing as you saked the question I'll have to keep an eye on peoples thoughts

I've just recently started to feel the movements under my ribs. Sometimes it's a definite kick but mostly it is just like a pressure like bubs is pushing up against them from the inside iykwim. It makes me feel like I need to stretch out or sit up tall. What I usually do is gently push down on the top of my belly just under my boobs and bubs tends to move out of the way.

Hey Georgette

Just wanted to say hi...

So thrilled everything is going well.

Can't believe you're 24 weeks...yay...over half way!

Hi Georgette,

I get those too but often down low - it does feel like a spasm, but maybe it is the baby just moving a lot or twisting or something!

It's an odd feeling, I'd agree with you, for some reason I get it on my lower right side mostly, and I seem to be getting it a lot, lately every day!

Hi Guys,

I've been getting the same thing! I'm 21 weeks so don't think it's the baby kicking me up there quite yet. All the kicks I've been feeling are quite low. It feels like a mix between a spasm and pins and needles right under my bra line on the left side. I asked my Ob about this and she said it's something like a change in nerve sensation that can happen during pregnancy. I also wonder if it's just the increase in bloodflow??

Hi, I was going to suggest, stretching and growing and ligament pain, there is heaps of growing going on, upwards and outwards and can be quite painful as well as uncomfortable.

Could it be the baby having hiccups? Jesse use to get them at least twice a day and just felt like weird little taps, but consistant ones.

Hi thanks for all your input,
    its definately like a spasm, like others of you, just under bra line on the left hand side. it doesnt hurt or anything it just feels funny lol. maybe it is just changes in the body. its def not bubba moving or having hiccups because it is to fast and repeatative to be bubba.

However just to add, i do have a problem now, i woke up this morning with a pain down right in my groin that goes round into my hip, very peculiar as it only starts if i have been standing for longer than a couple of mins, and then dies off when i sit down. Just wondering if any of you fantastic ladies ave had this as i dont want to bother my midwife if it just something normal.

thanks
    georgette
    xx

I had the same thing...it was almost like you'd expect a mild electric shock to feel. Oh, and Jack turned out just fine...

Georgette - The pain you are describing is Ligament pain you get that on your right side and sometimes on your left it's when the uterus enlarges in the 2nd tri the stretching of the ligaments cause the pain. They normally occur between 18 - 24 weeks. Hope this helps. I too have been having the same pain at the moment it's on my left side, all you can do is take panadol which is what my MW told me.