Thread: Will I Hear The Heartbeart??

Default Will I Hear The Heartbeart??

Hello everyone
    The past few days I have had slight cramping and I woke up early this morning with a bit of back ache. Since hitting the 2nd trimester I havent been feeling 100%, although I cant exactly say whats wrong, I just feel...off. Its been smooth sailing up until now, no symptoms!
    I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday and I was hoping to ask to listen to the baby's heart with the doppler (I cant remember if thats what its called LOL). My questions is, will they be able to hear the baby's heartbeat at 13 weeks, 3 days??? I just need a little reassurance.
    Thanx everyone!
    Renee
    XOXOX

hey renee yeah you should be able to hear bubs heartbeat at 13 weeks id did and yes its still called a doppler

yeah- you will be able to. i heard my bubs at 12 weeks

You absolutely should - I heard the heartbeat at 11 weeks. Good luck!

I had my first hospital appointment at 12 weeks & they couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler, so the midwife just got out the u/s machine & did a quick one to make sure everything was ok. We didn't hear our bubba, but got to see him

You can hear it, as the others have said... but I actually couldnt hear my bubs heart till 24 weeks.

Sometimes it can be a little hard to find but yes you can hear it

ella_daniella Guest

Smile

Well yes some people have but some people havent depends on the position they are lying in - my friend couldnt hear hers at 13 weeks and because the doctor couldnt find it she gave her a refferral for an u/s saying threatened misscarrage (imagine the night she had worrying) so when she got to the scan and there was nothing the matter with the baby he was fine it all depends but some have...
    I first heard mine at 15 weeks.
    Get her to try and if you cant find it ask her to use the portable ultrasound machine so you have some reassurance...When I was 16 weeks I think we couldnt find it once and was because baby was behind my bladder so we used the portable ultrasound she was fine, so we put the doppler back on and we heard it! they are smart little things you know!!!
    Have fun!

I heard it!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness! I feel so much better now. It took a little while but we got there in the end. It sounded like a 'swish swish' instead of a 'baboom baboom'.

LOL Reneenay! We heard our little girl's heartbeat at the ultrasound yesterday. DP heard it for the first time and said.. WOW sounds like a good beat for some music! hehehe

Its great that you have heard it, puts your mind a bit at ease hey?

Awwwww congratulations Veronica!!!!!!! How exciting, a little girl!!!!!!!! Once I saw your post saying you were having a girl this feeling came over me, a sudden panic.....and now I know what it was! I want a girl too!!!!!!!!!
    Im happy either way though.

hi,

apparently most people hear it, but the docs etc still err on the side of caution. at 16 weeks they couldn't find it for me. I'm hoping this monday morning for the ultrasound will be different.

My little terror was plying hide and seek under my pelvic bones.

but you could hear the placenta swooshing, so that was enough to keep me going.