Thread: Worried about weight gain (lack of)

Default Worried about weight gain (lack of)

hello

im a bit worried that i havent gained much weight since i found out i was pregnant, im around 15 weeks pregnant..

i was never a big girl, before i was pregnant i was around 49kg/50kg..

im currently 52.4kg and am worried that is not enough, also my belly isn't showing that much compared to a friend who is 2 weeks behind me..

can anyone tell me if this is normal or should i be worried?

thanks a lot..

I'm not sure, sorry.
    Your belly will probably just pop-out one day. Some people carry/show differently and at different stages.
    This time I was showing early, but with my DS I didn't show until later on.
    If you're worried about your weight gain ask you OB or midwife.

I've only gained 6kgs so far in my whole pg.
    I get weighed at each OB appointment, and he said that it was fine.

I hope you're having a H&H pg.

xx

Hi,
    No need to worry. I never gained much weight in any of my pregnancies and with my last only gained 7kg. Like you I was also concerned and asked my GP who told me pregnant woman are actually supposed to lose weight which I found hard to believe. I never started showing until I was about 6mths.
    Regards,
    Dianne

i wouldnt WORRY , I WAs 54 and skinnY AS WHEN I HAD ds , but `````putt on 22 in the END ...

THIS preg i have only put on 9 ... so it can go either way .. maybe late in the 2nd tri it will hapen !! take it east and eat well and theres no reason why you and your baby should be harmed by lack of weight ..

soo sorry about the dodgy posting .. on a laptop with a toddler next to me

Honey, one thing i have learned in my last 2 pregnancies is that everybody, every baby is different.

I put on 30 kilos with my first son, and i think i have put on about 15 so far with this one.
    I am alot smaller with this one, and this baby is a smaller baby. PLease do not worry, but raise your concerns at your next midwife or GP vsit.

I agree with everyone else, i am 15 weeks also and small like you 51kg, i have only put on 1.5kg but not too worried. I have sarted to notice changes in my body like my waist is definately getting thicker and i have a pot belly (or pot baby lol).

You are perfectly normal xo

LOL, we just can't help worrying about weight can we? With my first pg I was worried because I thought I was putting on too much weight. With my second pg I was worried because I thought I wasn't putting on enough weight! Both times my ob was totally unconcerned. All pgs are different!!

I was worried about the little weight I had put on at the start of this pregnancy, but now I'm at the end I have definitely made up for it. I think up until 20wks or more I had only gained about 2kg and even then I would lose a little then gain it again now I have gained 9.5kg.

I mentioned it to the MW and the OB and neither seemed concerned at all. As long as you feel healthy and good I don't think there'd be anything to worry about.

Dont worry too much. I didnt put on any weight at all till like 20 weeks, and after that I only put on about 4 kg. I was about 50 kg to start with and about 54 kg at the end of my pregnancy. My belly popped out about 17-18 weeks.

Don't worry, you'll grow in time.
    I know heaps of people who actually lost weight while preg and they ate healthy and everything (they were big girls though)
    I am small like you although my pre-preg weight was 54kg. At 12wks i was 56kg, find out on Monday what weight i am now... But last app was 18wks and i was 58kg
    I was told i would prob put on between 11-16kg. (i'm 164cm)

I wouldnt worry... my first PG I dodnt start showing until 27 weeks PG! nobody believed me when I told them I was pregnant then one day I woke up with a nice round belly LOL I have no idea how it happens but sometimes people seem to just "pop out". I put on 12kg with my first PG.

I actually weighed myself 2 days ago & I am now 1kg heavier than when I fell pregnant. I know I lost weight in the first trimester so I've put on more than just 1kg as I've made up for the weight I lost.

Maybe somewhere along the way you lost a few kilos & have put it back on plus the extra 2kg IYKWIM? & maybe you have only put on 2kg which is also fine.

I would still bring it up with your midwife/carer just to put your mind at ease.

My OB had a no weighing policy, unless you had GD... So I did not worry about weight gain or lack thereof for my whole pregnancy.

I put on about 10 kgs during my pregnancy, but most of that was within the last month.

I am sure you will be fine, but as the others have said, mention it at your next appt.

I weighed exactly the same as you prior to both of my pregnancies - 52kg.

I didn't put on a gram until I was 20 weeks with both of them. With DD I put on 13kg in total, and with DS I put on 10kg. All of that weight went on from 20 weeks onwards. They were 7lbs and 8lbs born, so not scrawny babies And I put less weight with the bigger baby. The weight you put on doesn't have much bearing on the size or growth of the baby I don't think.

It's fine, you'll be packing it on before you know it lol.

Hi there just adding another persons experience. I was a size 14 at 74-75 kg just before I fell pregnant. It had taken me a year to get down to that weight with weight watchers from 85kg.

Now at week 16 (6 days) I am 68kg and fitting into size 12 maternity jeans. I havn't been measuring my tummy growth but it is bigger and so are my boobs - baby has just been eating up my extra fat to top up its needs.

I wouldn't worry about weight gain/loss or lack thereof, as long as that heartbeat is healthy and the scans showbub's growing then it is ok. Besides there is still a whole other trimester to get though where bub will be piling it on regardless of what we say. I reckon that is where the most of my weight will appear.

MIT

My Ob has never weighed me once, he's completely against it because it means nothing. I've been weighing myself just because it's something to do to mark off each week of pregnancy.

The first trimester I lost 2kg, then I went up really slowly and by the end of week 25 I had gained only 2 kgs from my starting weight. I'm starting to gain weight at a more steady rate now.

I'm pleased to not gain much. It means I won't have so much to lose when the baby comes, I can't afford a completely new wardrobe