Thread: Worried - lack of movement

Red face Worried - lack of movement

I am just over 14 weeks now and am starting to worry that I'm not feeling much movement.

I know I didn't feel it this early with my DD, but being my second prg (well third, but last time we only made it to 12 weeks), I would expect it earlier.

I have felt some movement from about 11 weeks, but it is not at all regular. Most of the time it's at night and even then I'm not 100% convinced.

I got an email from a friend this morning who is about 4 days ahead of me saying that she can feel lots of movement and now I'm getting a bit worried.

I know that everyone is different but I can't help it.

At my 12 wk scan our little bubble was very quiet and didn't move much at all. I think that's probably where this worry started.

I've had another quick u/sound since then and s/he looked fine, nice strong heartbeat and my ob was happy and said s/he was growing nicely.

I just wish I could start to feel some regular movement so I could stop worrying...

Hi Willow
    Pls dont worry, I am nearly 19 weeks and aside from the odd 'flutter' which have only recently happened (and only a couple of time) I have not felt a thing! My OB said I prob would not until around 20 weeks...
    Also do you have anterior placenta? I do and the OB said this means I would not feel for possibly even longer!!! I know how much you want to feel it, believe me I will my little one to kick me EVERY day!!!

Willow
    I'd go 7-10 days between movements around the 14-18 week mark with Hester. (I know you are supposed to feel things earlier with subsequent pregs but try not to worry.)

Do you know if you have anterior placenta? Did they tell you at the scan?

If it's doing your head in - which would be understandable after your loss - get a midwife or ob to do a doppler for you to set your mind at rest.

Willow, this is my 4th pg and in the very early days of feeling movement I could go for several days in between feeling the baby move. I know it must be hard once you've suffered a loss and you desperately want to feel the baby move, especially if you have already felt it, but it is still only early days yet in the big scheme of things and the baby isn't big enough to make most of it's movements felt by you. If you have recently had a scan and everything was fine, I would just wait a little longer.

Hello,

I have not felt a movement either and was feeling left out when I was reading others were.

My Ob asked me if I had felt movements and when I said no she said I might not feel them till 20 weeks.

so i guess it's just a waiting game.

goodluck

Thanks girls. Feeling a bit better about it now, pretty sure I've felt a few movements today. They are just few and far between at the moment I think.

I feel them on and off...have for quite a few weeks now. With DD inever felt a thing until 21 weeks.

Oh Willow - now its me giving you 'movement' advice try not to worry sweets, its still a bit early to feel regular movements, and my bub was extremley queit at the 12wk scan, he/she was asleep and i had to jump and do all sorts of things to get him/her to move. Even at the 19wk scan it was a pretty placid baby, whereas my BF who is 3 days ahead has a very active bub who wouldnt stay still for the scan.

And ive heard from my NP/healer that little boys are usually more lazy than lil girls, so maybe you are growing a blue little bundle??

Hugs to you sweets,
    Lisa

Don't worry Willow - I'm 23 weeks and not sure if I'm feeling anything - sometimes I think I do - like small bubbles but the feelings I get are few and far between. And I only just felt this the last two days! I feel a pulse when I put my fingers around my navel or when my hubby puts his ear there he and I both feel and he hears a pulse (but I suppose it could just be my own pulse? - don't know if u can feel ur own pulse near ur navel). Anyway, you are just over 14weeks, u'll feel something soon, most books say u feel movements between 18-22wks anyway.

Willow - where is your placenta??? I felt first movements around 14 weeks this time and then they tapered off as my placenta became more anterior (not a good thing for a PAML ) I only started to get stronger movements again after 20 weeks and even they were more to the side and not often enough to reassure me. NOW I get regular movements!!!

Hi Willow,

the subsequent pregnancy after a loss seems to be very hard and filled with anxiety and worries that didn't seem to exist in the previous one/s.

I'm onto my 4th pregnancy and, other than my first pregnancy, this has been the latest I have felt my baby's movements. My scan last week confirmed that I had an anterior placenta which has been masking my baby's kicks and I now feel reassured. I was preparing myself for the worst but, of course everything is ok.

Earlier on in my pregnancy I decided not too put too much energy into feeding my fears as I can't change anything even if something is wrong and usually everything is alright. I know also that I have/am living my worst nightmare regarding my baby (my third child died last July, in the last 4 minutes of my labour without any indication anything was wrong). I never want this to happen again but if something goes wrong, I know I have the strength to deal with it.

It is natural to have anxieties with any normal pregnancy but, you now have had the innocence of pregnancy taken from you because of your m/c. Try not to feed the anxieties you have Willow, I know it's hard not too. I'll be praying for an event free pregnancy for you.

Lynnette x

Michelle (and everyone else who asked) - I'm not sure where my placenta is. They didn't say anything about it being anterior and I didn't think to ask. I will ask at my next ob appt.

Lynette - I am so very sorry for the loss of your Lucia. I am trying really hard not to let these fears get the better of me but at times they still do. Unlike you though, I don't think I am strong enough to deal with it if it were to happen again. I know I'd have to I guess but the thought just terrifies me. I find your strength inspiring. Thank you for posting.

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop back into this thread and say that since posting this I've found out that I DO have an anterior placenta this time, which explains a lot and has really eased my anxiety!

I had an u/sound on monday showing a very active bub and I was amazed to see him/her moving around so much without me feeling much at all.

Movements have been more regular this week so I'm hoping for some big kicks in a few weeks time!

thats good to hear Willow!!! I am 21 weeks with AP and I am starting to feel a bit more now...

Congrats hun im so happy for u must be a big relief