Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you into maternity clothes yet?

tinka Guest

Default Are you into maternity clothes yet?

Hi Gals,
    Just wondered if you are into maternity clothes yet?
    I am 17 and a half weeks and am still able to squeeze into my normal work trousers but I dont think this is going to last very long!

I stopped fitting into my jeans a few weeks ago and got a pair of casual pants from pumpkin patch that are really comfortable and pretty stylish - not too maternity looking at all!

Can anyone suggest any good shops in Syd or online for maternity clothes? I have dropped into Just Maternity in the City but I found a lot of the stuff a bit 'nana' looking....

Thanks,
    Tink xx

I am almost 20 weeks and haven't bought any maternity clothes. My jeans all fit under the bump and although I can't do up my higher wasited work pants I just use a belly belt. I am looking forward to buying some nice maternity clothes though. I have a formal function to go to in a 4 weeks and need something nice to wear.

Percy Guest

I'm wearing a maternity skirt today from Mobea - its an NZ on line company but they do deliver to Australia. And its just so comfortable! I could probably fit into my "normal" clothes and will probably wear half and half for a wee while yet, but this skirt is new so I wanted to wear it!!!!

Try QueenBee also - they have some pretty nifty stuff in there from the Gap and other US retailers.

Percy Guest

Oh and try Egg Maternity as well - they have some very nice stuff too.

I was in Suzy Shier yesterday and tried on this pretty purplish top. It was fitted around the bust but kind of baggy around the middle. I thought it was cute but hubby said it looked like a materinity top because it was loose around the middle. I'm not even pregnant yet but I bought it as an "early pregnant top" hoping to become pregnant very soon. I hope that didn't jinx me.

*~Nett~* Guest

I'm just over 17wks & fitting into most of my clothes that have a bit of stretch to them, but the more fitted one's I can't get into. I have been wearing my maternity jeans from last time I was pregnant & just some looser fitting tops, but will need to get a few more tops soon.

I'm a plus size & it's near on impossible to find decent maternity clothes at a reasonable cost. I've searched almost all the online stores & there's a couple that have things but most of them are very exxy So it looks like I might have to resort to wearing bigger sizes until summer when I can wear my maternity clothes from last time.

I'm getting some maternity jeans at 15w (this Saturday!), but otherwise won't be buying anything new: no point as I'll probably be quitting work and clothes a size or two too large that were hanging in my wardrobe are still loose and hanging round my hips. I have 4-5 baggy winter jumpers, stretch lycra tops (as well as some maternity tops I accidentally bought for my honeymoon), comfortable dresses... then again, I may get so huge I need more stuff, but I'm hoping to get away with just one pair of maternity jeans!

catherine Guest

My girlfriend has her own maternity label Soon Melbourne and the stuff is awesome (and I'm not just saying that!!). She stocks in stores in Melb, Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart. I don't think I'm allowed to put a link to the website, but if you google soonmelbourne it should come up.

In Castle Hill there are a few really great maternity shops I got clothes at last pregnancy & this one too! I bought an amazing pair of pregnancy jeans that was so worth the $$.

OK, I'm in maternity clothes at maybe 16w, it takes a week to order in the trousers and then they have to fit me, which they may not... until then I'm happy I bought things to "grow into". Ah, I know me and chocolate!

I was in maternity clothes at 14 weeks & had to use the belly belt for about a month before that!

I'm not in maternity clothes yet but found I had to buy new jeans at about weeks PG because my other ones (which I can still fit into) were annoying the bijebers out of me. I think it depends on if I'm bloated or not. We did budget to buy maternity clothes this month but I'm not buying any until I need them. I bought jeans a bigger size when I was 6 weeks and a few bigger tops because they were longer and I really wanted longer tops. The jeans are so big I have to wear a belt with them so I think I'll be fine for a while yet!

There are some fantastic online maternity clothes shops though - just google maternity clothes online or something and I'm sure they will come up. Or if you have the Nappy Bag Book there is some listed in there as well as stores in NSW. HTH

MG

I brought a new top the other day and that is the only maternity thing i will buy. I will just buy the next size up in clothes and also a friend gave me a belly belt to use on my jeans.

I wore my own jeans until about 7 months in my first pregnancy, i just used an elastic hair band through the button hole and hooked it around the button to give me an extra inch or so around the waist. This time I just bought a pair of size 14 jeans from target (im usually a size 12) they are really stretchy and not to expensive either. I found a fantastic website for maternity clothes aswell as baby clothes called "jkonline". All the clothes are equivalant to pumpkin patch in style and quality but cheaper!!! Also "Cotton On" sell a lot of T-shirts that are long and cover the bump and they aren't expensive either.

Hey Nett,
    In response to your comment "I'm a plus size & it's near on impossible to find decent maternity clothes at a reasonable cost"...

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and am usually a size 10, but I'm a wee one at only 150cm, so I also find it impossible to find decent maternity clothes that arent huge on me at a price that is just right! I taken to not going out sometimes because I just cant find clothes to fit!
    So i hear ya sister!

catherine Guest

I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on maternity clothes for work, but I was so sick of feeling really uncomfortable by the end of the day, and I figure these will just be my uniform for the next 4 months or so......yes, I am still trying to justify the expense. Why are maternity clothes all so expensive, and usually made out of crap clingy material?! And don't get me started on maternity stockings, I'm getting my sister to send them over from the UK as I've just given up trying to find any decent ones in Melbourne - at the moment I'm wearing plus size stockings with extra pants on the outside to keep the gusset from round my knees....very sexy, like SuperGirl gone slightly wrong!

I normally a size 8 and cant fit into them, I can ONLY JUST fit (a very tight fit) into my size 10 shorts/ pants and skirts. I have started to buy some maternity shirts tho.

Hey girls I have been unable to fit onto my normal since about 8 weeks and the belly belt just looks too bulky at the moment so apart form the items lent to me, I have been buying a few things off eBay. I got some nice maternity cargos on Kmart on Friday for $30 as well. They look like normal cargo pants and oh so comfy!Am yet to find some comfy black maternity pants for work yet tho.
    Is it just me or are those fold over pants really annoying the way they crinkle/scrunch up
    on the waist after you have worn them for a few hours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast