Thread: Your Fundal Height Measurements ?

Default Your Fundal Height Measurements ?

Just wondering what everyone's last measurements were? Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else measures at.

At 22 weeks my fundal height was 22 and I am 26 weeks today and had my Midwife appt and my fundal height was 27.

Can your measurements indicate if you are having a big or small baby?

Of course if you do not feel comfortable sharing you don't have to.

For ages my FM matched my weeks exactly.. but towards the end they went a bit off- i went into labour at 37 +3 weeks, and my last FM was about 35cm i think.. my boy was
    6lb3, so not too big, but good for being a bit early- he never had to go in a crib or anything.

I think too that it depends on wether bubs is engaged aswell- DS was engaged for a few weeks before he arrived (not fully- but always 3/5 or 4/5) at least thats what i told myself whenever the measurement was out so i didnt freak about him being too small!!

Oh that is interesting. I know my bub is head down deep in my pelvis and I remember at my 20 week scan they couldn't get the head measurements properly because he/she was so far down there! Seems that but still is down really far But I understand that there is plenty of time and bub can move around lots still. As long as when the time comes bub is in the right position I will be happy.

So say if you were like 26 weeks and your Fundal Height was like 29 or 30?? Would that mean you are big for how many weeks you are?

I just find it all quite interesting

I don't mind what size bub I have though, as long as he/she is healthy. Although if I were to be picky I would beg the baby to not grow past 8 pounds

With DS mine were always out....i was told i was having a 'tiny' baby.....he came out 7lb9oz.....LOL

All depends on bubs decision, where they measure from (2 different peple can get 2 different measurements), its just a rough guide

My fundal heights always measured exact for the week I was in, and ended up with a 9 pounder! This time they are tracking with the weeks again, but hopefully bubs wont be as big.

i've never actually asked i usually just take it as a good sign when they say "good". i'm definitely going to ask next time tho!

Mine were always out. At 32 weeks i was measuring 39.. lol hrmmm bub came out 7lb 12 so very normal.

Mine have always been spot on and both times I gave birth to 4.2kg boys so no littlies

Holleye you give me hope!! Mine at 34 wks measured 40 wks.. but I do have muscle separation and high fluid levels apparently. Will see what they say on Friday as to what I'm measuring.

With my first 2 i was always measuring 2-3 weeks ahead and they came out at 9lb7oz and 9lb. #3 i always measured spot on and my belly was so much smaller, even my midwife said he didnt feel bigwhen she felt my belly. however he still came out at 9lb2oz. So i never go off fundal measurements of how big bub will be.

lol cass.. dont worry when i was 39 weeks i was measuring 43.. thats not even possible!!!!! lol

I was 24 cm at my last check up three weeks ago. So, that's nice and absolutely no indication of anything - apart from the fact I am definitely pregnant and my tummy size is not purely due to Cadbury's.