Thread: yum cha

Default yum cha

is it ok to have yum cha for lunch?

Oh Sarak!

I hope the answer is yes...it is so yummy!

I would think you could have most parts of yum cha...as long as the food is hot and fresh.

I would probably avoid the pork rolls...just because sometimes they aren't hot enough!

I would also avoid anything with cold seafood...

But apart from that...I would think it's okay...but I'm not absolutely certain!

Sometimes I wonder if in the 'western' world we go a bit crazy with the listeria thing...if you think what women in China and Japan would eat...

I remember working with a French-Canadian Psychiatrist who was pregnant...we were having morning tea and she was just about to put this huge piece of Camembert into her mouth...we all gasped and she said "what?". Although she was a trained doctor, (and incredibly competent), she had never heard that pregnant women shouldn't eat soft cheeses!

I'm not wanting to say that it's all rubbish...it's clearly a problem and I've been very careful myself...but there must be a limit...

I had Yum Cha on Sunday - YUMMY!!!! Just watch what you eat. I just stay away from anything with prawns or seafood in it. Most of the other stuff is OK but it all depends where your going. Make sure what your eating is still hot. With the bigger yum cha places you know that its all fresh because of the volume they put out - well thats my theory anyway ENJOY!

The yum-cha near us cooks it all fresh (you can see them in the kicthen cooking, and then the food comes straight out onto the trolley and is still hot when it gets to you).
    I would eat most of it, but I wouldnt eat the cold ones.
    I guess if you know its pretty fresh and hasnt been sitting there for a long time then it would be ok?

thnks guys
    the place i go to is very fresh and soooo yumm

I wish I hadn't read this post - now all I can think about is yum cha......

I had Yum cha last week, yum yum.

LOL @ Janno

Bess Guest

Oh, I agree. Besides, the good thing about Yum Cha is that the food just keeps on a-comin'!