Thread: *sigh* bye bye energy...

Default *sigh* bye bye energy...

*sigh* I feel like having a little vent...

I am so upset that my second trimester energy and motivation is gone!! (Or did I even have it??) I am just so tired these day and so not motivated to do anything. Well I am at home, but when it comes to work, I just wouldnt be bothered doing anything. I am so glad that my responsibilites at work has lessened so I am not too stressed at the moment, jsut really really tired and when I am tired, I feel like crying!!

Another thing that is getting to me at the moment is skinny girls. I dont like going to the shops anymore! All the girls are really skinny and all these skinny clothes are giving me the $h!ts. I know that I am growing a baby but I am having a really hard time with my body image and I am not normally like this...

Is anyone else feeling like this? I just seem to be really down for the past week..

for you hun - completely understand where you are at!!! Tried to dress a little funky the other night to go out and came out of the bedroom saying to DH, "There's not much you can do these days to make a 33wk pg bod look sassy!!!"

And in regards to lack of energy levels!! OMG!! I don't think I ever had that burst of energy this time and now when I feel I couldn't get any more tired, I do!!!

Oh and the skinny girl thing - yes, well, just walking next to my sister makes her look thinner again and me, well even more whale-ish! I want to slap a chick around the back of the head when she stands next to me and comments on how frumpy she feels!! Then they say the most annoying comment, "But you have an excuse...." oh so you do think I am fat?!?!?! LOL!!!!!

Right now, I don't think any one could win against an emotionally and hormonally charged pg woman!!!

But I know that this is little comfort right now, but believe me, you'll be holding a munchkin before you know it and your body will start to shrink (by the time DD was just 6wks old, people already saw a huge difference, to the point that someone didn't recognise me to begin with!! )

Just take it one day at a time honey!!! I have no doubt that you are a gorgeous yummy looking pg mummy anyways!!!!!!

I'm with you too V.
    My energy levels have hit an all time low the last couple of days. I just need one day of rest to catch up, but I don't think that it going to happen anytime soon.
    And in regards to the body image thing, I know how hard it can be. When I was pregnant with DD I only put on 13kgs through out my whole pregnancy this time around I'm already at the 12kg mark and I still have 9 weeks to go, OMG . And my clothes are starting to look shocking on me, and that is of course the ones that still fit.
    I'm just really trying to enjoy this pregnancy as I think it will be the last , so I try not to dwell on my weight or body image, as I know that I'll regret worrying about a few kg's after he is born.
    Hope you cheer up soon.

*hugs* Veronica, I'm feeling the same...I've had a 'cloud' of depression hanging over me this week and I just can't shake it...I feel more calm when I'm at home, but when I think about going to work, I just feel crappy again. I think the 2nd trimester energy/feelings have gone too! As far as body image goes, I had just started feeling better about myself before I got pregnant and now...well I just can't find anything flattering! Admittedly, switching to some of my husbands clothes might be responsible for that (at least I'm comfy!)

nelliesbelly Guest

I know what you mean. I only have 2 weeks left at work and im glad mostly because I dont have any clothes and feel uncomfortable. Id rather be at home most of the time now. As for energy I just have up and down days it feels like every day is different now sometimes good sometimes not so good. different aches and pains and things!!!
    Not too far to go now

The body thing is a bit challenging - I'm the largest I've ever been by 5kg, and I'm a very small person so it is making a huge difference to me. I try to find the bits I like the most and accentuate them, eg ankles are still small, boobs are now big so show them off. But it is amazing to see what your body can do, and then what you can return to afterwards.

i understand what ur feeling. im quite small so my bump looks really big and i have 12 weeks to go. am going thru a really self conscious stage esp when complete strangers come up to me and say "WOW ur huge you look like u should be due in 2 weeks"....rude!!!!

nelliesbelly Guest

sarak I get the same rude comments. Im 5'3 and small before pregnant and now my tummy is huge and ive had people say all sorts of mean things and I take it more to heart from other females. It makes me so cross as its such a beautiful thing for a woman and its downgraded by this theory we are meant to look like a rake with a itty bitty bump.

*sigh* Another down day for me..

The body image is a very touchie thing I think. Like we all know that we are growing a baby and we are putting on weight because of that but it doesnt help when your own mum says to you that your bum is getting big!!! I got this comment from my mum last night before going to aquanatal class and I didnt really appreciate it because I am now really conscious of it. Like yes I know I am getting big all over, but I dont need people constantly reminding me...