Thread: 2/5 engaged, what does this mean?

Default 2/5 engaged, what does this mean?

I saw my OB today and he said that the babys head is 2/5's in my pelvis and im currently 35 1/2 weeks. What does this mean? Could i go early?

i have started to feel pressure down below and it has been harder to walk over the last few days, feel like running to the loo, but there is hardly anything there 8-[

Im a first time mum, so would appreciate any feedback

being 2/5ths engaged doesn't determine whether you will go early or not, babys have engaged just to disengage again. I started to engage at 30wks with my first born and only had him early as I was induced.

Love

I think its fairly normal for bubs head to engage up to 6 weeks prior to birth for first time pregnancies.
    Though for me Aidyn didn't even engage at all! lol!

Don't if this'll make you more at ease or more worried, but mine BOTH were born at 35 weeks + and they were both engaged. 8-[

My DD engaged at 28 weeks and never disengaged so everyone thought id go early as i engaged earlier than most people, but i went 1 week over and had to be induced.

Lee-Ann Guest

My DD1 never engaged until I went into labour at 38 weeks, I had seen the OB 2 days before and he said nope she's not engaged yet. I actually felt her move into position and then the next minute I knew I was in labour.

Matilda started engaging at around 37 weeks.. at 40 weeks she disengaged entirely 8-[

getinmybelly!! Guest

Chloe engaged early, then moved and during labour she spent a good 10 hours banging against my pelvis and had this massive bump and bruise on her head to show for it. Silly girl.

Angie I remember the feeling though...the pressure made me think she was going to fall out.

I was 3/5 engaged at 35 weeks, then at 37 weeks was 1/5 engeged, but this doesn't really mean anything. As others have said they can stay engaged there for as long as they decide! I'm hoping it's not too long for me though as it's really getting quite uncomfortable down there... ](*,)