Thread: 2 cm & show

Default 2 cm & show

Hi All,

i haven't posted for quite a while as I've been very lucky and had a smooth pregnancy so far. At the moment I'm 39 weeks, due this friday 22 dec. Last thursday I had an internal, OB said I'm 2cm dialated, then Friday night I had a show and also saturday morning.
    Over the weekend I've had my fair share of BH's and light period pains, but since then nothing!!!!!! I'm getting very impatient as the early signs got both myself and DH very excited. Anyone else experienced this sort of lead up to labour?????

thanks

It is quite normal to start dilating before labour even starts. With Tehya I was 3 cms before I went into labour itself.

A show just means that your cervix is starting to thin out. Which you know already as your already dilating. A show weeks before labour starts. Sorry to say.

If you are having contractions why not try to encourage them with some nipple stimulation. Or maybe a good round of sex, provided your waters haven't broken.

Goodluck hun and I hope labour starts really soon. Fingers crossed bub is here before Christmas

When I was pregnant with DS I was 3cm dilated and losing my plug right through my 37th week. I was induced at 38 weeks so I didn't go into labour myself but I went a week with all that going on and nothing happened. Have heard of others going much longer BUT for others it means not long to go so as usual with this pregnancy thing.....it's hard to say

thanks, I think I'll just have to learn to be patience....arghhh!!!