Thread: 30 Weeks and Leaking Boobs?

Taia's Mum Guest

Cool 30 Weeks and Leaking Boobs?

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently 30.5 weeks pregnant and on 2 mornings I've woken up with a mark on my jarmie top where my nipple is - I'm not sure if it's leaking something of if maybe I'm dribbling in my sleep (either way is a weired option!). It hasn't been every morning just twice over the past week. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if i'm just a freak!

Nat

Don't worry Nat, totally normal. I had to wear pads from 20weeks due to leakage. It's collostrum, that the baby needs when it's born.

I'm in the same boat, Nat, I started leaking a while ago and freaked out because I didn't expect colostrum to be such a different colour

Taia's Mum Guest

oh thank god! was not expeciting to get it so soon! Plus it was only out of one and not the other so I was a bit worried!

i get it occaisionally to Nat, dont stress its a good sign!

I was drenching tops with my first by 26wks!!! even out shopping during the day I'd comehome with warm wet patches!!!

It's all part of our bodies doing what they need too...

Taia's Mum Guest

But is it strange it's only coming out of one and not the other?

I don't think so, unless i was strange too??! Is it the right boob?

Try expressing some from your breasts when you get up in the morning, you might find they both are "working"! I've heard that one breast can be more productive than the other. Sometimes I find that one breast will leak a bit more than the other one and vice versa. Not sure why...?

Taia's Mum Guest

yep it's the right and not the left

Natty youre not a freak! If you are it means I am too! I've been having the same thing for a couple of weeks now.

My first experience with crusty nipples was at about 20 weeks then nothing since until last night after having vivid dreams and waking up with super crusty nipples. I'm not too worried.

I've been leaking since 16 weeks, so you starting at 30.5 is lucky!

Hey babe
    I used to get that too... I would take my bra off at the end of the day and there was all this white crusty stuff... freaky at first hey! But its all good
    Just make sure you have invested in nursing pads as I found when I fed bub on one then other would leak too!! he he he

Love Kirst
    xxoo

Hey Natty, I was the same - my right boob leaked every night from about 30 weeks and I had to crack the nursing pads out for the last 4-5 weeks of my pregnancy. (only a couple of embarrassing public leaking episodes!) And only for my right one too!
    It's like the others said, it is a really good sign - your body's doing what it's supposed to.