Thread: 33wks/31 fetal age: BHs or prelabour?

Default 33wks/31 fetal age: BHs or prelabour?

Yesterday i had a wonderful day ds2yr at daycare so i caught up on some much needed sleep i had no niggle nothing things were sweet
    3 30pm: BH started to practise away but they werent painful i could just feel the tightenings
    4pm : Ds 10 DSS 15 came home from school and i promised them a haircut down the street before i we collected DS 2yrs .... at 4pmthe BH but they were ok but they were getting stronger and more a wave like nature from the top of my bump down to the pubic bone.

At 5pm i had actually timed them roughly and i was getting them every 15 minutes and they were ouchie...and they got worse walking but still there when i sat down ...

By this time i was thinking mmm interesting and i text my DH and told him what was happening and when could he get home.... i said it is probably nothing but they were ouchie all the same ...

6 pm they were still there and were coming on every 10 min and i really went into my self and i wasnt stressing over anything (which is weird as i usually hate the squealing and loud play at that time of the night) .... i tried to start dinner but i just couldnt so DSS15 had to re heat some sphaghetti that i found in freezer.

6sh DH gets home and i told him dinner is what you can find which he laughed at ...

6 - 7pm im still within myself but now pacing as nothing was working but they were the same.

7-8 pm DH said 'you wont have this baby til a few weeks yet as this happened last time ' I said ' ok ill remind you of that when im pacing still tonight and my waters are trickling down my leg' he said 'fair enough ill shut up lol'

In this time i felt a weird sensation of like wind tickles in my bum (right deep in pelvis) and i thought oh **** this baby has moved right down....

I managed to watch 'One Born Every Minute' and then we watched 'Packed to the Rafters' that we taped but the pains were still there but they were getting less frequent.

OVERNIGHT:

I was woken by the same contraction pain about 5 times and this morning they are still there.... i felt where bub was and he/she head is right in my pelvis and quite snug and the whole bump is quite tight to touch .

NOW : i feel like i have deep period pain

AND pooing alot !

What would you think?
    Last edited by bubno.3; August 18th, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

I would give the hospital a ring and they will probably get you to go in and check you, does sound a bit more than BH to me.

Regards,
    Dianne

I would get checked out - call the hospital or your OB or midwife. It may be nothing, but if it is something at 33 wks, then bub needs to be in a hospital

I'd give the hospital a call or go in and ask to be assessed, it's better to be safe than sorry. hope you can keep baking for a few more weeks.

Thanks girls and i know that the bubs would need hopsital care that why i didnt really want to believe it was pre labour iykwim

I think you need to go in and get checked out ASAP.

I have been having contractions since 28 weeks 6 days, I didn't realise theyw ere contractions as I have been having BH's since 16 weeks, with meds to calm them from 22 weeks, but I am now on bed/couch rest and being very closely monitored, with a bucketload of Meds to keep bubba in.

Take care and please seek help xxoo

As everyone has suggested, call in and see if you can see someone. I did have that experience in my last pregnancy but it was more like 36 weeks... Hope it all goes well for you today.

Again thanks girls : there still there but not as bad as yesterday and not in a wave.... although now im (TMI) emptying my bowels alot i hope this is just coincidense.

Plan: if they get worse or the start mimicking yesterdays DH will come home and we will go to the hospital for a check up ...

I had DS2 at 35 wk fetal age and this started happening two weeks before .... so i think i have my babies early but i was hoping this one would stay in close to 35 wks f/age too.

Ill keep you all posted ... i have had not increase in mucus though which is a good sign if i had a show i wouldnt be on here typing away !

cheers xx

I would still get checked out hun even if it when your DH gets home, because IF it is the beginnings of labour they may have the ability to stop it, and you seriously don't want to go down the path of have a prem again if it can be avoided, so much better to bake them to term. Also keep in mind that your body has laboured before and things can happen a lot quicker the second time around. With DD I had no warning, waters just ruptured and by the time I got to the hospital I was 7-8cm and she was born no long afterwards. Take care and keep baking xxoo