Thread: 34 + 2 weeks- did i just loose my mucus plug ??????

Red face 34 + 2 weeks- did i just loose my mucus plug ??????

anyone know how soon is to soon to loose mucas plug??? . i know you can loose it weeks before labour but i still have 5w of them to go.
    Went to the loo and wiped and had bloody mucas and then just got out of the shower and was drying of when i wiped this glob of stuff away like cm but not quite ewcm just firm and jelly like and there was a lot of it????? but it wasnt bloody. so know i dont know what to think

was it possibly the plug????
    can we still DTD???

That sounds like what mine looked like!!

I started losing mine a few weeks before I went into labour..

Ring your ob if you are concerned..

All the best

Hi Zennie

You have described what I lost perfectly. I lost the same thing 3 weeks before I went into labour so it doesnt necessarily mean that you'll go anytime soon. I also lost a bit more 2 days before I went into labour as well. I wouldnt DTD because obviously the protective seal at the cervix is now broken but if you're worried, talk to your Ob.

the mucous plug can actually regenerate I believe so sex should be ok. Besides which, baby is still protected by the bag and the waters so sex is fine. You can loose bits and pieces the plug for weeks before labour so don't panic, however being only 34wks, I'd talk to ob or midwife. Just to be safe....

it just took me by surprise however this baby is doing that regularly atm.
    he is my 1st but i didnt expect any action till after 36 weeks and so far in a week he turned and then dropped into my pelvis, started some painful BH and i lost my plug. its all just a bit soon

Zennie, I'd be calling the doctor just to make sure. I got the exact same thing the day before labour (at 39 weeks) but I know of others who got it a couple of weeks before labour. 35 weeks is too early so it is worth double checking.

Zennie,
    I lost my mucus plug at 35 weeks and had my ds the next day. I rang the hospital as I also had what I thought was just braxton hicks as that is what the nurses said but at 2 am the next morning my waters broke and 3hrs later he was born.
    You should always notify your ob gp or hospital as you are under 37 weeks just to be on the safe side!
    Goodluck!

I lost mine at 35 weeks as well and had him at 37 weeks, I too would call the hospital.

mrs baj Guest

Well I presume you've done better (if that's the right word??) than me coz I lost mine about 4 hours before giving birth. If you haven't already I'd be calling the hospy just so they can at least make a note of it and put your mind at rest if nothing else. Hope things are still ok and bubba is staying put for a little while longer.

well - hopefully he stays put. apart from my newly discovered aches in my hips there is nothing to suggest he will come to early. my BH havent changed in fact i still barely notice them. i think it was just the speed at which my body wen from high and dry to preperation. i guess i was under that i still have ages illusion and this has really snapped me out and i am focusing more on my preperation instead of procrastinating my days away.

thanks for the input girls - i agree it robobaly was the plug so lets hope that this little an was just teasing his mum