Thread: 34week appointment=Bub Is Breech....

mizzsocial Guest

Default 34week appointment=Bub Is Breech....

Baby is breech.. Bum first..

Midwife told me that they will get me to see the OB in 2 weeks, and he will have another feel to see if bub is still breech..

So if the baby is still breech in 2 weeks, what happens then??

Anyone have any insight or experience with this would be great!!

Have a look at this thread for some links and information on breech babies http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17143

Mizzsocial - My bubs was breach at my 34 week appt and scan also, but just had an appt the other day 36 weeks 4 days and it had turned. Phew..... Hopefully yours does too. Don't think doctors are too hopefull of this happening, but it is still definitely a possibility. I had a caesar booked for the 22nd May, but now it is cancelled YEAH!!!!

mumof2beauties Guest

my first daughter was breech at 34 weeks also.
    she had turned by 36 weeks, but there is a procedure they can do to try to turn them for you...like anything there are risks, so I think they prefer to let nature take its course....I'm sure it will turn!

Hey Mizzsocial,

my baby has been breech since 29 weeks? and at 38 weeks 3 days today she's still that way.

My midwife started to get concerned about it at 34 weeks. Even though technically still time to turn, I am petite and first baby so strong tummy muscles.

She sent me off to acupuncture at 35 weeks, then I had ECV at 36 weeks. External cephalic version. I spent about 5 hours in hospital all up. They monitored me and baby for a good hour, then put a drip in with ventolin to relax the tummy muscles. This was weird as makes your heart race and makes you shakey even though not cold.

Then the registrar and obs came in and tried to manually turn the baby. It was short, but incredibly painful. They literally dig their fingers in under the bum and under the head and try to turn bubs. It was unsucessful for me, she would get horizontal, but just wouldn't fit through the rest of the way - uterus was too narrow apparantly.

So now she's stuck silly baby. I am booked in for a ceaserean around my due date, but going to see an obs this week to discuss if we might be able to try vaginal birth - depends on baby's size, "ripeness" of cervix etc.

Goodluck, hope baby turns on his/her own and you don't even end up having to think about this stuff, but its good to know incase.

cAthy

Just letting you know that when I had my 38 week appt bubs has infact turned breach again! 39 week appt on Thursday just gone and still breach, I am booked in for a caesar on Monday. I thought I had prepared myself for this seeing as bubs has been breach on and off since 34 weeks (and infact think it was breach the whole time since and they got it wrong), but guess it all hit home the other day when he said caesar it is. I am ok about it now, just so excited to me our bundle of joy. Wish me luck.