Thread: 35 weeks pregnant and getting pains

Default 35 weeks pregnant and getting pains

Hi All

Im 35 weeks pregnant and on Friday i started gettting period like pains then they would be followed by tightnings around lunch time.

I went to the hospital and they put the ecg on me and did the test to see if i had released the hormones yet but fortanately i was not going to go into labour the pains continued until about 10pm that night then stopped and nothing since.

Has anyone ever had this a fair few weeks before they were due? Or does it mean that bubs may come early ?

kirsty_lee Guest

I have had this too darl since about 2 weeks ago.. I was told it was just braxton hicks contractions.. apparently they get a bit more full on closer to your date to prepare your body for the real thing.

Yes thats what the doctors told me too. I have been getting braxton hicks since January but they have never been painful.

It feels all new to me because i did not get braxton hicks or anything like this when i was pregnant with my daughter i just went into labour with no signs with her.

Hi Ange
    I would say that they were Braxton Hicks. Don't believe people who say that Braxton Hicks are not painful, for some women they can be painful enough to stop you in your tracks.

I was actually going to post a topic about this too as I have been getting the same pains, my whole tummy goes from softish to rock hard in a split second, going from the top of my belly to the bottom and oh my god do I scream in pain! I also put it to a midwife today, and she said it was braxton hicks, I thought I had them with my 1st but if this is braxton hicks then I definitely didnt! They are really painful. It was waking me in my sleep last night at 4 in the morning I woke up screaming my poor hubby thought I was in labour and panicked a bit I think. But nothing afterwards that was regular so I didnt let it concern me too much. Good luck with it I dont think theres alot you can do for it either but Im pretty sure its normal

It doesn't really mean that your bub will or wont come early, it just means that your body is practicing which is a good thing. IT is very normal for our bodies to do this. So you don't need to worry about anything just feel good in the fact that your body is preparing.

Braxton hicks contractions can be both painful and not painful! So if they are this time round and weren't last time it doesn't mean they werent last time. They can be just tightenings or they can gt quite painful and feel like the real thing!

aimes_08 Guest

hi girls

ive been having the same pain but also a ripping stretching feeling down there. Midwife and doctor both said it ismost likely a mixture of braxton hicks and the baby engaging and getting ready.