Thread: 35 weeks and wondering if this is early labour!!

Question 35 weeks and wondering if this is early labour!!

I went for my ante natal check today (35/40) and was told that bubbas head is well engaged. It actually felt last night like he was trying to dig his way out of me!! I have been having lots of BH over the past few weeks, but tonight I have noticed that I am having period like pain on one side, that goes from my back around into my front and groin. Now I know that pre labour can take forever, but I am a little edgy considering I am 35 weeks.
    Any thoughts would be great.. xo

How did you go through the night? I would give your midwife a call and bounce it off her. I know alot of people say their labours begin with back labour pains so you might be right, but I'm hoping for you that bubba holds out a little longer in there!

My pre labour started off with having the runs at 35 weeks (sorry TMI) then at exactly 36 weeks i was having regular BH. 37 weeks not so many BH but i started to get hot flushes/night sweats which i have NEVER experienced in my life. A few days leading up i got the runs again and started to feel giddy and just weird. I had DD at 38w1d oh and in amongst all that i was losing my plug.

To be on the safe side i think you should get checked. I always did. I was a regular at the birthing suite weeks leading up lol

good luck xx

Mummato3: at 35 weeks baby age .. if your bub comes from now on it should be all good .. so please dont stress too much .

I had my son at 35 wks gestation (scan dates) or 37 wks LMP and he was a good size and had sucking reflex and came home with us when i was discharged 48 hrs post birth.

Hey it must be the week for pre labour as im 33 wks LMP and i had a 12 hr stint of contractions but fortunantly they stopped as i do want this bub to reach at least 35 wks too before i meet him ...menaing another 4 weeks at least to bake!

Good luck

How are you going this morning hun?

Hi Mummato3, how are you this morning. If your baby was born now he/she would most likely be ok, but would probably require some special care so it's always best to consult a midwife if you are concerned. However as your bub is engaged the pains could be from the new position they are in. If you are still in pain this morning a trip to the maternity unit might be a good idea, but hopefully everything has settled down overnight

xx

Well lovely ladies Im still here Took some Panadeine beofre I went to bed and that settled things down so Im sure its just all the pre labour 'goodies'. No show or increase in CM, but I did puke this morning, and feel like I should be 'getting organised'. Thanks so much for all your kind comments, shall keep you up to date xx

It all sounds VERY promising!

Good luck!
    x