thread: 37 weeks Transverse Lie + Fibroid

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

37 weeks Transverse Lie + Fibroid

Just seeing if anyone out there knows of the success rate of acupuncture to spin a transverse lie baby at 37 weeks with a lower uterine fibroid?

A scan yesterday showed Bub is very low in my pelvis with head wedged on my hip and bottom on the other, lying sideways facing backwards. I am onto spinning babies website already and doing exercises, also doing rlt and epo to help uterine tone and cervix, etc so am now looking further to other therapies and techniques.

DS was 41 + 4 wks and ended in a cs as he never engaged or descended into my pelvis. The fibroid was found at my 8wk scan.

Thanks!

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

ok lack of responses are giving me the impression my vbac won't be going ahead ... just need a twinkle, a glimmer of hope ....

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

nelly hun id ring someone near you and ask what they think the chance of turning would be, i know the earlier the better i hope bubs turns and soon!

Jun 2008

hmm, sorry. My first DS was transverse too and I knew from about 7 months so had lots of time to try things to get him to turn - he didnt. I know they can, but I think when they are transverse there is less room for them to move into better posistion, especially when your so advanced in the pregnancy.
    As for fibroids, I have no idea how that affects things.

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

Thanks girls - we have been trying to turn from about 34 weeks with some flips but always flops back.

Jan 2008

I tried the spinning babies website and I had just about given up on my baby turning as she was transverse posterior when my daughter turned right at the end in the middle of the night and YOWCH it hurt!! Within a few days I had masses of stretchmarks too from the move being so quick. I think I was 37 weeks, 5 days or maybe it was later then that? All the best!!

Jan 2006
    Sydney

Not sure about the fibroid aspect of it but I can give you my experience of the transverse.

DS was breech - head stuck between my placenta and ribcage. Unable to be turned. Foetal distress during vaginal birth attempt.CS at 7cm dilated.

DD - transverse most of the pregnancy Acupuncture 3 times. Moved to breech at nearly 38 weeks and then flipped head down just prior to an ECV. The few stretchmarks on the right abdomen at hip level testament to her rapid flip down!! VBAC after a 4 hour labour - 2.5 hours from 2cm to out.

With the fibroid - it depends on the size as to whether it will impact on the position of the baby and on your chance at a VBAC. Good luck!!
    Last edited by Michelle71; April 29th, 2009 at 08:44 PM. : Missed a bit

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

Thanks girls!

Well today we had good news - after thinking bub was wedged my days of building train tracks and playing horsies with my 2 yo have paid off! Bub has flipped and is head in pelvis. yay! Am so excited. My ob was pretty happy and has cancelled my cs out of his diary!

Nov 2006

That's great news!