Thread: 39 wks and excruciating pain in right side

mum5boys Guest

Default 39 wks and excruciating pain in right side

Hi, I am 39 weeks and since 3.20 this afternoon I have had the most excruciating pain in my right side, it is similar to a stitch but heaps more painful and it hurts to breathe in. When the baby moves on that side it kills.
    I can't walk or move without pain and even sitting still it hurts.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    Thanks
    Michelle

Michelle, not good you poor thing. It could be bubs is really sticking into an organ of some sort.... not sure which one though. Hopefully she will move soon and you will get some relief?

Michelle, I was going to suggest that maybe bub is pressing on a nerve of yours ??

Hopefully that while you are laying down tonight bub moves for you and you wake up much more comfortable. Well, as comfortable as a 39 week pregnant girl can be.

Hugs hun.

Where is the pain exactly? in your side, do you mean up the top, in the middle or down around ovary area?

I get a sort of pain from my belly button to down around my ovaries:
    It's from ligaments in my stomach that were damaged when I was pregnant with DD as she was far too large for my frame and I had a triplet size stomach on me with her.

The pain in excruitiating at times, it depends if I've moved the wrong way or stood or sat in a way that I know will set it off. I would even liken it to labour pain in intensity. Sometimes I can walk it out, but it gets so bad I almost throw up and feel like I am going to lose control of my bowels. I just have to try and move into a position that will ease it and wait it out.

It's just caused by very stretched ligaments, in my case it started early this pg because mine were damaged from a previous pregnancy. I used to get the pain when I wasnt pregnant since DD, but not as often or as bad. Now that I'm pregnant oowweee.

I can certainly sympathize with you and it will be over soon, just take care and brace yourself rolling over in bed, or standing to sitting, vice versa.

I don't want to alarm you at all, but if the pain is up under your ribs you need to see a doctor as soon as you can.

hope that you are feeling better, i have never had this kinds of pain . hugs to you! Not long to go.. bet your sick of hearing that!

Hey mum 5 boys...
    I had that very late in my pregnancy too and Tara pretty much hit the nail on the head... sometime it can be a bit more severe and be an organ or artery that is pinched... but usually just the thick ligaments that surround your uturus, lungs, liver, kidney... ect ect.
    Try to just relax... take deep breaths (short and shallow if it hurts to much) and hope to god it passes soon... having a bath or a little walk helps ease it sometimes too..shifting position and laying down can help .. taking the weight off your feet.

But if it is constant then go to your doc or the hospital..... it might be nothing but if the pain refuses to go then its best to put your mind at ease

Good luck and hope you pop and relieve soon
    xoxoxo

I got this with Flynn at about 37 weeks - apparently he was trying to turn breech and got stuck half way, so turned back.....

Hi Mum5boys
    I would say it's the position of your baby. Try giving her a poke or two to make her move. Also i you have anything sticking out (arm, leg, foot) give that a push

I had this and posted about it the day I went into labour. Good luck.

Hi sweetie,

Not long now hey!

I too have had this and have had this all the way through. Got it last night and it is excrautiating. I think its bub on a nerve too. Cause once the little guy starts to move aorund it stops.

How r u feeling today?

I get it too and I do what Alan said and it helps.

Have you tried also kneeling and doing cat arches and then letting your back flop down. Changing position might encourage your little one to get in a position that's more comfortable for you. I find the fit ball helps in this situation too.

I think it's just that bub is running out of room and is pressing on sensitive bits.