Thread: 4D Ultrasound

Default 4D Ultrasound

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows when's the latest you can have a 4D ultrasound? Im 30 weeks now and was thinking of booking in for one. I also want to triple check the sex!! xo

not really sure exactly, but i am pretty sure i have seen them done quite late into a pg (like magazines etc) showing the babies face etc, so i dont imagine it is too late

Hi Meg,

Your actually at about the right stage to have one. I had mine with Tehya done at 31 weeks. It is best to get it done around now as bub has a good ammount of body fat.

Where abouts in Sydney are you? I had mine done at Sydney Ultrasound for women at Castle Hill, they also have an office in Newtown where they do 4 D scans. I can say that the facilities there are great. The have this really good chair and a plasma screen on the wall so you can see it clearly.

If you want any more details or a phone number let me know.

Good Luck.

Take care
    Trish

Thanks Trish, there's the Sydney ultrasound for women at Chatswood which is near me. Just wondering, what's the price like? I will give them a ring tomorrow as it's too late now. xoxo

kerry Guest

Meg, you can have a 4D scan done at any stage of your pg. The sonographers recomend 28-32 weeks as the ideal time because bubs has enough fat on them to look human and not like some mutant alien and they are also still small enough to have enough room to move a bit and not be squashed up in a little tight ball.

If you have the opertunity any time you can get in up to 34 weeks would give you a beautiful lovely chubby baby scan.

I had mine at 19w and while alienish in appearance, watching bigfoots mouth moving and facial expression change was the most amazing experience.

Good luck.

We had a 3D scan at 19w that wasn't very clear at all. We will be having another scan just before 32w to check the position of the placenta and have requested 3D again hoping to get some clearer pictures.

There is a company that is in both Syd and Melb that have a really cool setup where you can go without a referral but it is pretty exxy. When I remember the name, I'll let you know. Something about early images???

HI,

I had the 3D/4D scan done at 23.5 weeks. Got some great pics, but they said it's best around 28-32 weeks. Anything after that they reckon the baby is too squished and doesn't have enough room to move around etc. Also if they've turned it's harder to get a good image of their face apparently.

I went to Early Image here in Melbourne and they have a clinic in sydnet too.

the place was great. You can bring up to 8 people along - they really encourage the family experience. The images are up on a big plasma TV on the wall and there were 2 couches for anyone that comes along with you.

It's not cheap, but I reckon it's totally worth it.

All the prices are on the website.

xxx
    L

That's the one! Thanks Laura, good to hear of a positive experience with the company.

How much do they cost? Few mths ago saw story on them on Beyond Tomorrow & they said they were only avail in London & were VERY expensive. Then on Sat, a girl mentioned her friend just had one done near us. Didn't know they were here already.

its not suer cheap.. but It hought it was worth the price. I paid $235 and got a 25 minute scan with DVD and online gallery of photos which you can buy if you want.

The super deluxe offer was $295

these were with early image. but all thier prices are on their website.

Laura, did you get any of that back from medicare?

I think on the websites it mentions you dont get anything back from medicare...

Hi all

I am booked in for the 4D u/s at 19 weeks at my hospital, SAH (or San, for those who are local) in Wahroonga. You do pay more, but since it's one of the standard u/s Medicare does refund some of the costs. Since we have a private ob, we are happy to pay for the 4D, since we'll pass the safety net this year when we pay the ob fees!

The SAH also has the rooms set up with a plasma on the wall and very nice set up, great for DP, although we are trying to keep relatives away!! They can watch the video!!

We are very excited about both the u/s and finding out the sex in 3 weeks! I'm expecting the baby to still look a little weird, but it will still be great...

Had my 12.5wk u/sound yesterday. They did 2D, 3D & 4D (all for $120, less Medicare). Awesome pickies, although the 4D wouldn't work as I had a contraction in my uterus (they come & go & are normal), giving the bubby not much room at all, hence not enough room for the 4D to work, but should be fine for our next scan (20.5wks).

We got 26 jpg's on CD (4 are on my website). Wish they had video facilities though, that would be cool.

WOW!!! - I am so envious I wish I had the 4D scans done - I found the normal ultrasound quite moving and really enjoyed seeing my little popsicle bouncing around - it would be so nice to have some more images to look at and a DVD to watch....

Oh well 16weeks to go before I get the real live image \/ -I'm so excited

dianna

oh boy... I'm starting to get my hopes up here. The place I'm getting my 19w scan done, I asked about video, and they said for $5 we can have a dvd. I've since heard they do 3d & 4d scans there. Maybe I should ring to see if I'll be having 3d? That would be so cool!