Thread: Achy Back!

amy Guest

Default Achy Back!

Hi ladies i am now 30 weeks and for the last couple of weeks my back has been killing me it is so achy. I have had a sore lower back most of my pregnancy but this is right across the middle of my back where my bra strap sits. I am guessing it is the weight of my boobs/belly that is hurting it but wondered whether anyone has the same thing and if you have any suggestions for helping it. I have tried a massage and also been fitted for good supportive maternity bras and still it is sore. It seems better at night but during the day i am in an office chair which really doesnt help it at all.

any suggestions would be appreciated

i dont know what it is but i can sympathise, if that makes you feel any better... I just have baths, i have a wonderful lavender heat pack that i use, and dh rubs my back at night. Oh, and i find sleeping on an electric blanket helps when it gets cold at night. Sorry i couldnt be of more help...

amy Guest

Thanks Simone i think more baths might be nice too. it is so frustrating to not be able to relieve it. It seems to be more on my left hand side too which is strange.

How are you anyway we due in august girls have been worried about you?

Hi Amy, could it be your posture?

Amy I used to get the same thing and funnily enough worse on my left side. Mine came and went and I found rubbing it relieved it for a bit but it was painful. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

butterfly_kisses1 Guest

hi there
    im at around 31 weeks and dp and i went looking at bed yesterday
    the one we are on is 20 yr old and its giving me a really bad back
    have you got a decent matress?

ohhh who wants my back pain????

please take it!!!
    its only really come on strong today and its sooo soreeeeee

Posture??? Try lying on the floor to stretch out your back (not too long though!). Try stretching out your back... sit up really really tall and straight. Try to hold your head high and shoulders back... it should help... oh and getting masage from DP is always a good one too!

I have always had bad posture and the same type of pain... (big boobs!) this helps me.

Ooooh, I also have bad pain in my mid-back area...not every day, just a couple of days a week it seems...usually after I do something stupid like vacuuming or carrying the groceries I'm starting to work out. I can't seem to find much that helps except to lay down flat on the couch/bed for a while... I've had to leave work early a few times already because of it. The pain is so bad it makes me want to cry...

I have been searching for ideas to make it better and while a heat pack works for a while, the pain lingers afterwards... I've also tried a warm bath and massage etc. I guess it's just something some women have to put up with!?!? My only advice is to lay down...well, it's the only thing that works for me (yeah, that's a bit hard to do when you're at work!)...