Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acupuncture for inducement?

Default Acupuncture for inducement?

Hi all,

Just a question, i will be having acupuncture done this Friday to help bring on labour, as i am due on Sunday.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and did it work for them?

Simone

HI Shorty,
    I have used acupuncture and found it helpful. With "gentle" induction methods it just starts to stir things up slowly and gently. It's not something that just happens necessarily.
    Do your acupuncture (and EPO if possible!) and try and let go and let your body do it's work. Your baby will be born and anything up to 42 weeks is "normal" gestation.
    Good luck Shorty I wish you a beautiful birth!

Thanks heaps Flowerchild
    I know what you mean with the 'gentle' induction methods, the hospital is already trying to book me in for an induction if i go 10days over "just so im on the books".
    LOL, yep i use my EPO every day and night, so hopefully with the acupuncture it might help to start get things moving.

Simone xxx

i saw an accupunturist at 36 weeks about using him as means to induce me, the advise he gave was to drinks heaps of water, and camomile tea and increase red meat in my diet, do this and i wouldnt need to go back as i wouldnt go over, anyway i booked in to see him at 39w2 days, but my waters broke two days before!! so never got to go, sorry this probably doesnt help at all, just me rambling

LOL, gives me hope though!

Simone

So Simone, get more red meat into ya. Martin will love that

I had acupuncture starting at 38 weeks. I was trying for a VBAC and knew that the hospital would put pressure on me (which they did). The first time I had acupuncture, the baby dropped as I was standing up from the table. The second time I had contractions for 2 hours afterwards, same with the third time.

I honestly believe that the acupuncture was fantastic in preparation for labour. I went to almost 42 weeks by fighting with the hospital and went into spontaneous labour. I had 2 massages as well to help & the last one was on the day I went into labour.

HTH!!

Christy, that's a wonderful story. What a woman!
    So, clearly acupuncture can sometimes have quite an immediate effect. I used it and moxo to turn my Evie who was breech - I am with Christy that it's a wonderful tool.

octavian Guest

Don't know about acupuncture, but a girlfriend of mine used reflexology and it worked for her - similar approach though, with pressure points relating to various parts of body..

I had a massage today and when she asked me what I wanted her to work on, I said "bringing on labour!!". She said she knew a few reflexology things she would try, so lets see what happens shall we? I am considering acupuncture though, I might look into it tomorrow.

Christy- wow, bubs dropped. Thats great, hopefully that might work in my case as bubs is still not 'engaged'.

Flowerchild- i also did acupuncture and moxy to turn my bubs at 36weeks, and it was successfull.

angelique Guest

I had no success with it but It relaxed me anyway!!

Good luck

Well.... I had it done at 5pm and nothing so far. But the acupuncturist did say that it could take up to 12hours for contractions to start. But yes i do feel relaxed and i did read that it can also help you get a good night sleep, so either way im happy.

Thank you all for your replies!

Simone xxx

Simone, I hope you get very little sleep tonight Of course I mean that in the best way possible though.

How are things this morning Shorty??? I hope at the very least that you had a good night's sleep.

Hi all,
    Well no bubs
    I went to sleep Firday night and NOTHING happend at all. So im guessing bubs deosnt want to come out yet. Today is my due date and it doesnt look like bubs will be coming anytime soon. Allthough i did have a couple of good BH last night, that was about it.

Simone

It will happen Shorty. Are you due for another acupuncture treatment on Monday or Tuesday? Keep up with the EPO and try and let go... I know it's all easier said than done. I am thinking of you.

Thank you Flowerchild
    I know bubs will come when he wants its just a bit frustrating because everything is all ready and waiting for him. But its ok, im sure i can wait another week or two, just so i know that he is ready.

I have been looking into getting some homeopathic to help induce labour, as the acupuncture didnt work for me. But yes i am still using the EPO every day and i do have an appointment at the birthing centre on Tuesday so i might get them to check to see if it is working. Maybe they could give me a Stretch and sweep while they are at it, if my cervix is favorable.

Come on my little man, mummy is waiting!

Simone xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast