thread: Advice/Opinions on lack of movement

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Advice/Opinions on lack of movement

Hi ladies

It's been just over a week now of me feeling nothing from this baby at all.

Tried the cold drink, hot drink, chocolate/sugary food, relaxing, shower etc.

The bulk does shift when I roll over from one side to another (I can only tell becuase I am more comfy when on my left side and it hits my ribs when I lie on my right side) but as far as individual movements go, it's been quiet since last Thursday.

Should I bother calling my hospital? They say to do so but I will be really shamed if I go in and it's all a-ok. I feel like I would be totally wasting their time.

Before falling pregnant I was "fat" so I don't want this lack of movement to be just me not feeling it becuase I am "obese"...although I don't have any weight related problems.

I've had fevers every day - hubby has been keeping a track of them - and my blood pressure at my last clinic check up was higher (150/90 then settled to 131/80 about 10 minutes later), iron, vit D and platelets low but nothing major.

My next clinic is on Monday...should I wait until then or call this arvo and check?

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

Ring the hospital and go in for monitoring. Dont feel bad about doing it, its what they are there for. I went so many timesl ast time, as I kept having no movements, its much better to feel reassured and slightly embarassed, than uncertainty.

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Why not give them a quick call just to make sure everything is all okay... At least then you'll be able to enjoy the weekend and stop worrying (even if you do end up looking like a worry wart ).

BTW I have read that bubs movement can be come a lot less frequent in the week or two before the birth...

Oct 2008

I would be calling the Hospital straight away. My nurse told me you should feel at least 10 movements within 12 hours at least. Of course this does change but if I felt no movement in just one day I would have called them straight away so to have felt no movement for a week would make you worry like anything. I have heard when they get more squished in there they move alot less but a week is a long time.

I am sure it could be nothing but honestly go see them to get checked out and be on the safe side

Feb 2009

Mine doesnt respond to the drinks/food either - but she loses it if I put the laptop on my belly!

If you have had nothing at all for that long, I would probably check. I tend to start worrying if I havent felt any kicks since waking up.

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Thank you ladies.

I have no way of getting to the hospital until huby comes home this arvo so will give them a call then.

Hubby noticed when I got up this morning that the belly was a fair amount lower than usual and "pointier" but still no individual kicks, rolls, turns, pokes etc.

I'll have to wait until this arvo to call them.

Wish me luck.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

I'd get checked just for peace of mind, that's what they are there for . I went in for monitoring when I was worried about DS1 not moving and all was OK, but I knew I would only worry if I didn't know for sure.

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Oops double post. Sorry.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

if you ring them now, and let them know what time you will come in, it might be easier for them to make sure they have adequate room available for you - they should anyway but if they need to move things around they are at least forewarned. They may also tell you to try the cold water, quiet room thing again, so calling in advnace will alllow time for that too.

SugarDust Guest

please please please call the hospital!

I have reduced movements for ages before they decided to do weekly monitoring and tiold me to go in if i didn't feel anything in between checks!

I was then induced 9 days early!

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

You should definitely go in ASAP. Phone straight away and let them know what time you can come - or get your partner to leave work early. It is very very important that you get checked if you have had no definite movement for a week. Do you know why you have temps? Have you had the flu? Please get some medical assessment ASAP. Sending lots of loving support to you...

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

I feel sort of fluey but more likely just pregnancy stuffiness or a cold. The last few days I have had a sort of belly ache feeling - like when you need to go to the toilet but I don't - and my um, nether regions, have been feeling a little "heavier".

Same old rib pain on the right side.

Tired to call but no answer so they must be a bit busy. Will keep trying. Rather embarassed and not sure what to say to them...don't want to sound ignorant and go in for no reason. I hate putting people out!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic

Wishing you all the best Amanda, hopefully bub arcs up to give you some reassurance.

ETA: Just tell them that you're 34 weeks and haven't felt anything from bub for a week, despite trying things like cold water, sugar, caffeine (and the other things you've tried), and that you ARE on your way in for monitoring.

Oct 2005

This is not no reason. It is very important & they will be eager to come in when you explain.

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Just having a shower and getting dressed (still in my Pjs how bad is that!) then I am off to the hospital.

Will keep you updated. I'm sure it'll be fine and I will emerge red-faced!

Oct 2005

I hope so too my love - holding your hand from afar...

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    Queensland

Hope all going well!

Agree with everyone I would definitely go in and wouldn't be feeling embarrassed aboutit for a second!

Oct 2008

Better to be safe then to not want to be embarrassed and have something seriously wrong.

Goodluck hun, hope to hear some good news soon!