Thread: All show and some action

Unhappy All show and some action

3am woke up to go to the loo, and yay my show is here......went back to bed to wake up at 6am with pain......every 10-12 mins i was getting the same pain. so at 7am woke up DH. Still 10 mins apart and hurting!!

So at 8am called hospital who said yup sounds like labour has started, get rest, walk, heat packs etc. Some friends come over to wish us luck and the excitment grew. Even though the midwife told me i could be in for a veeeery long day.

Had some breaky around 9am. Pains started going away or not as strong around 10am. So went back to bed. By 11am i could hardly feel a thing, a few cramps now and then.

Called hospital at 12.30. To be told its all normal, labour is still there but can be like this now for a few days or could start up when its ready.

I feel so down and stupid. Here is me thinking today is the day, and now its like ive imagined it all.....

I know it's disappointing when things don't happen straight away, but keep active (making sure you're getting plenty of rest as well) and things will happen soon. It's a great sign that you've had your show.

Oh Kim!! Dont be sad - be excited!!! Your body is starting to make all the right steps towards bringing your baby here!
    This is great, keep positive, get plenty of rest and think positive thoughts.
    And be thankful its happening to you during the day. I got all this stuff at night time for quite a while, and it completely exhausts you.
    Let us know how you are going..... Very exciting!

I found as soon as i stopped wlaking that the pains would go, hence I walked & walked & wlaked til there was literally NO turning back....

Good Luck hun!

awww *hugs* At least you had your show!! That means its really not that far off. I had practice labour on/off for 3 weeks before I had Jovie. They would start as the niggles & go for up to 4 hours and then when I had a hot shower they would go away. After a week of it I started having a shower straight away to determine if they would go away or not. During the days I would do all sorts of natural induction methods to encourage them, in the evenings I would do hot packs & showers so I could try to rest.

I didn't have any sort of show ever with Jovie, but had a hind water leak early in the day and labour started that evening.

Its very very frustrating.... but try some of the natural induction methods listed on the article in the main site & hopefully things will pick up again soon!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Kim....keep us posted on how things are going. Hang in there, it's not your imagination playing tricks or anything, and don't feel stupid. I'm sure your little one will be here in know time. Best wishes.

I know exactly how you feel. My labour stopped and started for 2 days. Just keep active. Use a fitball(if you have one), walk heaps, especially up and down stairs. Goodluck!

Dont feel stupid I am going through the exact same thing as we speak!

Apparently this stage of labour has been likened to trying to get a car engine to turn over. Sometimes it takes a few goes but eventually it gets going. (I think it must be an old expression from days when we oldies had cars with carburettors and chokes and cold frosty mornings though... .it's been a long time since I had a car that was hard to start!).

My pains were actully labour!! Stupid hospital kept sending me away. But she arrived on Wednesday morning at 11.22 am.

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world little one.