Thread: Am I nesting?

Default Am I nesting?

All of a sudden today I've found myself to be quite wriggly, can't keep still, couldn't even lay down to have a nap (which I ALWAYS do). I've gone through and cleaned the house, done some washing, made muffins (I never bake muffins or cakes) and even prepared dinner. I was up at 5.30 this morning making DH some lunch and haven't really stopped. I was pretty sick/exhausted last week with m/s and severe back pain, but today I've had none of that and feel great. Do you think this is nesting?
    I know I'm not full term yet, but bub's head has been engaged for 2 1/2 weeks the OB said, and I've been noticing a lot of pressure down below, peeing every 5 min and the braxton hicks have increased.
    Hoping this is the start of something, cause I'm soooo over this pregnancy!!

Sounds exactly like nesting to me Bring on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe sounds like it to me too. I laughed at the muffin thing - the day before I went into labour I cooked a freezer full of meals - like about 20 different serves. I usually don't even know what i'm going to have for dinner that day! Get ready sweety - best of luck.

skorpy Guest

I dont think the medical teams can make up their minds when full term is..some say from 36 weeks ,others 37 weeks and i have even read 38 weeks to 41 weeks.It really weird how pregnancy is caculated because they go by your last period and not when you concieved because woman ovulate at different times,so the most accurate is from your period which is why it gos up to 40 weeks.So you are actually only probably around 34 weeks pregnant from conception.As if pregnancy isnt long enough as it is
    Last edited by skorpy; August 8th, 2006 at 05:26 PM.

DH thought Christmas had come early yesterday when he got lunch made, muffins and dinner cooked for him!! Plus having a tidy house to come home to, not that he really noticed that, I had to point that bit out to him. And tonight I've invited my parents around and am cooking again! Bonus!!! At least the house is clean and tidy and everyone's getting fed :-)

Sounds like classic nesting to me. While you're in the mood to get busy why not make a casserole or two to freeze for after the baby is born!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Ah...Yep, I do believe that is what is happening. I nested more with my first then with my second. I loved it at the end of the day (completely exhausted) I would wander through a spotlessly clean home and felt quite proud of myself. It got to the point through my first pregnancy, that once I had run out of things to do, I would re-arrange the baby nursery, over and over again....in most cases it would end up back the way it started. (LOL)