Thread: Another Discharge question

Unhappy Another Discharge question

Hi ladies was just reading the most recent thread on discharge and quite a few of you mentioned smell. Well about 30mins ago I went to the toilet as I pulled my undies down I noticed a period type smell, when I looked at my pantyliner it had a patch of yellowy discharge. When I wiped myself there was no sticky mucus or white stuff, just wetness. I know it's not wee in the liner as unfortunately I am well accustomed to this(early preg, pre pelvic floor exercises). I just dont know what it could be, or what to do. I was already in hosp last night to have a trace done as bubs didnt move all day. But as usuall decided to kick up a storm once I got ther and has continued all night and all day. So I know that heartbeat was fine and my bp was aswell.
    Has anyone had this type of discharge smell etc.

Many thanks.

Love

Helen , amniotic fluid smells kind of sweet smiliar ( tmi ) to semen.. was it like that ?

hey enigma
    i to have that smell and yes it smells just like wat you have just said is this normal or abnormal im a bit worried now

I dont think it was semen smell, but then again I cant recollect what it smells like, just what it feels like LOL. Have had another little bit, but not so much smell. I will see how I go. Probably just an overactive imagination.

Love

oooh Helen hope you are ok sms me if you end up at hospital mate, thinking of you.

Bel
    xxx

Thanks Bel. I'm hoping I will be talking to you for months yet and not sending you a hosp sms.

Love

helen ive had this yellow discharge all through my pregnancy. My doc said its normal. lately it has been alot more discharge too and very deep yellow colour. ive had to wear panty liners everyday from the start and yes it does have a slight smell. i have an ob appointment tomorrow so im going to ask her about the smell as im a little concerned too. But im sure its just normal

Me too! I've got an appointment next week, I'll ask about it then. Mine is pretty much the same as has been described by all the others in this thread... so I guess it's normal.

I'm thinking mine is normal now aswell. The smell isnt as bad anymore. I have my apptmnt next fri so I will ask then aswell. Thanks for letting me know your stories as we are approx same time and I think 30weeks is the time everything starts to get worse.

Love

julesy Guest

I had this earlier in my pregnancy around 16-18 weeks, and then it went...or rather the SMELL went. I was actually more wondering if it was my SENSE OF SMELL heightened, rather than a change in bodily fluids! Since then I have still had the leukorreah (the yellow discharge), but not so much the smell. I'm also eating more, which says to me I'm not so sensitive to smell of food...therefore other smells too.

Just something to think about! Don't stress!!

julesy

hi helen,

i had my ob appointment yesterday
    i questioned my doc about my discharge concern. from what i described to her she believes it sounds normal but did a swap for pathology just incase. i will get my results back next tuesday. i have also suffered from pregnancy thrush which comes and goes so that might have something to do with it. Thrush wont hurt the baby but its just bloody annoying! grrr

hello,

just an update..
    i got my results back today on the test my doc did. its just pregnancy thrush.
    i was really concerned about the strong discharge im getting but results show all is normal

Good to hear that all is normal Amber. Mine has disappeared, so that's that I guess.

Love