Thread: Antenal Records ??????????

Lightbulb Antenal Records ??????????

Hi, Woops that meant to be Antenatal Records!
    I tried to google what this means, I guess I should ask my OB soon, just looked lately as everyone was asking me whay I haven't dropped yet! What does this mean?
    Descent: 3/5 (up arrow) means on my antenatal records.
    I know what Presentation: Ceph (eg head down) means, but not quite sure why it has the number 6 ROP next to it.
    Sorry, hope this means something to someone!

Last edited by bigbubbabelly; June 19th, 2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: my brain is pea soup- can't spell

Descent: 3/5 and the up arrow mean that your baby is 3/5's above the brim of your pelvis, so not engaged. ROP means Right Occiput Posterior, meaning that your baby is positioned with its back slightly to the right of your spine, so not fully posterior (which is OP) not sure what the 6 means though.

ETA - forgot to add that none of this is cause for worry - baby will engage sooner or later and it can change position too before the birth.

Smile Thanks for that Trillian!

I've got to much waiting time on my hands and was wondering what that all means on my records. My Next appointment with OB is Monday. So hopefully there is descent and she turns!

Thanks again,

The 6 is actually not a six at all
    It's a little diagram they use to represent a head down baby.
    So 6 ROP means your baby is cephalic (head down) and lying right occiput posterior - which means basically that your baby is lying a little to the right of your spine.

Well there you go! I have never seen that before LOL.

Oooh, that's been really interesting to read. Thanks from me too, ladies
    Hey bigbubbabelly, my girl didn't engage til a couple of days before she was born - I wouldn't be too worried about it. Also, you can spend time in certain positions to encourage bubs to turn around, but I wouldn't be too worried about that just yet either! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy - not long to go now

Just thought I'd add that my OB classes 3/5 as engaged (even though it isn't fully). He says most babies (in his experience) don't go more engaged than that until you go into labour.