Thread: Any day now!?

Default Any day now!?

How do people cope with the anticipation and uncertainty of when the baby will arrive?!!? Haha, I am the type who likes to shake Christmas presents to work out what's in them...once I know I can quite happily leave them for the day to open them. This waiting for bubs to come out is hard work...I want to meet him now...

Over the last 1.5 weeks I've had period type cramps, he's dropped lower into my pelvis (had his head down since week 20), very strong/stabbing pains in my pelvis, what I thought was the 'show' but must be just extra 'mucus' etc...all those things the doctor said are 'pre-labour' symptoms and can last anywhere from hours to weeks before he'll come out.

But I've also noticed that he is moving around a LOT more this last week than he has in a while...not big movements but more like rolls or turns and he is 'kicking' a LOT!!! I thought he was supposed to slow down in his movements as he got bigger/the due date got closer... I don't think he knows that just yet...

Anyway, no real questions...I am just hanging for him to come out and meet the world... I wish I knew how to hurry him along.

I know how you feel, i am getting the same kind of pre-labour symptoms. I'm just feeling so impatient and if i go past my due date that will really bug me! At the moment I just feel like she is never going to come out so when i do go into labour it'll give me a big shock!

Just before coco came, she did the biggest somersalt ever. I had never experienced such a big movement. Think she did it once the day before and once on the day, so she definitely didn't slow down. I think it's the most bizarre thing just waiting!! you know you will have a baby anyday, but just dont' know exactly when. It is a weird feeling!! But before you know it, bub will be here and you'll forget all about being pregnant!!
    good luck with it all xoxo

LOL Shellbell! I was exactly the same with DS. When he didn't arrive by his due date I was so convinced he'd stay there and be induced that when I went into labour on the day after his due date I didn't think I was in labour at all. Thank goodness DH knew what was going on and took me to the hospital. There I was in the car the whole way saying "won't I look silly when it turns out to be nothing!". I was 2cms dilated when I got to hosp and 4 hours later (or less) DS was born!

I agree though about the waiting. Isn't it just the hardest thing!! I guess the only thing to do is try and keep occupied, although that gets harder and harder too!!

Me too Kate! I'm dying to know what this one is!! More so than last time, unless I just don't remember it!

Melanie

It is getting terribly exciting now! It is always the hardest in the last few days/week because you are half expecting to go into labour at any time. I remember I was a constant 'knicker nazi' and would check for a show everytime I went to the loo LOL. As for the moving around, some babies do slow right down in the lead up to birth and others don't stop at all and just keep moving. Whatever the case, rest assured that it is not long now for you!

LOL you girls!! With Matilda I remember I went on a day trip on my due date up to the mountains to wander around and shop... It was my defiance in saying that 5% of women give birth on their due dates. 14 days later... I was frantic wanting this baby to come out. I think this time I will be similar... I have tried not to set an EDD other than having a ticker...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Monac Guest

Thumbs up

Hi sherie

I am in the same situation as well. My EDD is 10th Sept as well and getting more impatient by the day to see him. My doc tells me to be patient as i do not want to be induced. Have you tried the raspberry tea leaf and walking. I don.t know how much it would help, but i guess do something is better than doing nothing.

All the best and hope you have him soon!!!

Thanks girls! I also hope our little boy will be here sooner rather than later... Hehe, this waiting game is hard work. If only we could choose the date for them to come out into the world.

Shellbell & Monac - good luck with your bubs too...not long to go for either of you too!! All the best!!!

Kate & MelanieR - I would be so curious if I didn't know I was having a boy...hehe... Good luck with your bubs!

tan1979 Guest

I was exactly the same leading up to Rhys's birth. Had prelabour symptoms for weeks and ended up being induced when he was a week late. And I'm the most impatient person ever! The waiting game sucks but it's sooo worth it! Good luck to you all, I hope your babies arrive soon.

Sherie i so know how you feel. Today is my due date and i have had no signs of labour at all!! Its driving me nuts!!!! There was a time i was scared of labour, now i want it more than anything!! To me it just feels like its never going to happen

Gosh, I think it might be happening for me very soon Kell!!!

I hope that you start getting some signs soon and don't go too far over due! Good luck!!!!!! Just like you I am wanting to get this all over with sooner rather than later... I'll send good labour vibes your way!

I hope it does happen for you very soon Sherie!! For me too! I have a hospital appointment this morning so ill see what they say.. but man im so impatient the waiting is driving me bonkas! Like i was saying to DH, i wish they could just tell you a day it was all going to happen so you could just look forward to that date.. ah well, hopefully by this time next week we'll both be holding our little men

Hehe, I know EXACTLY what you mean...I would just love to know that on "Saturday, 9 September, your baby will be born" or whatever date. I'm so curious!!!!!!

Let's hope we'll both have our little guys real soon! Good luck!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just remember that 3-5% of babies are born on their due date - babe is more likely to be born the day after, or the day after, or the day after... increasing with each day EDD's create so much anxiety! The less anxiety, the more likely the flow of oxytocin will not be inhibited, so try and relax, distract yourself - enjoy the last few days of calm.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.