Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody else ...um..... swollen?

Default Is anybody else ...um..... swollen?

HI Girls,

*Blush* Does anybody else notice that their nether region is quite swollen? In particular the perineal area? I didn't have this with my first pregnancy, but I have noticed that I am very swollen there now & I had a gf who had this with her baby too. I'm just wondering if anybody else is & do you know what causes it? I am going to ask my OB about it on Wednesday but I'm scared he'll want to 'check it out'. LOL.

Love Jayne xox

Heh heh. I hear it is perfectly normal, though I didn't experience it noticably myself. It's due to the extra bloodflow directed to the area. Some people find its a good thing...

Jayne, I have had this when all three births were immenent, but with Paige I had it from about half way through the pg and it got more swollen when the birth was near. It was actually my Dh who pointed it out saying that cows who are very close to birth look like this too and it is a good indicator for them to know to keep an eye on the cow. Sorry to make that comparision, but he was pretty spot on with it LOL.

Jayne, I had the same thing. Looked so damn ugly down there

Just means that bub is nice and low for you. Not such a bad thing to have happening though.You have to remember once you have a nice heavy bub pushing down low that things are bound to be alittle more puffy

Oh yes I was so swollen I called my lady bits chipolatas (mini sausages rofl)

LMAO - I have been plucking up the courage to write about this for some time now! LOL. It's not something I'd generally mention to a gf over coffee that my hoo-haa is swollen.

I'm hoping that it does mean that bubs is closer than I think & I thought it was very discreet until DH mentioned it after a bdfest.

Do you think it's worthwhile telling the OB? I guess he'll notice it himself when he goes to do my internal in the next couple of weeks. Gees, it just gets better & better doesn't it?

Love Jayne xox

Jayne, totally normal, and I think your OB will tell you that exact same thing.

Hard to say really Jayne. I know with Lindsay, DH had a look (and I have no idea why LOL) and he said that I bet you that the baby will be here in a day or two and he was right - he was born two days later. With Erin it came on about the same, but with Paige it was hard to tell cause it was already puffy, but got more so when labour started. I don't think you will have to tell him, he has probably seen it hundreds of times.

Taia's Mum Guest

Yep I'm swollen too! Not much but enough for me to notice! It now makes me 100% sure I don't want DH to see me naked anymore! With all the stretchmarks and extra weight I've got down there - now this - it's a gross sight!

lol @ comparison to cows!! I LOVE cows, but I'm not sure if I love 'em that much!!

Jayne, hun...I have the same thing and have only told DH. I don't think I had it with Joshua either. I've had it for a little while now - probably a month or so?? Not entirely sure.

Jayne
    It is very common for your hoo-haa to be swolen. It is caused by the increase in your blood volume. This is more common towards the end of your pregnancy but can happen at any time

Oh I am glad its normal, lol. I noticed mine was a bit swollen the other week, but now I'm too big to be able to see it so I have no idea now lol.

Think yourselves lucky girls......like you I just had swollen "lady bits" as Sammi calls them, LOL, .......but a GF of mine had FULL ON VARICOSE VEINS on her bits from about 6 months onwards that didn't retreat until aftershe gave birth........ooouchhhh!! She literally couldn't sit......

OUCH Lucy

yep pretty normal. I unfortunately got varicose veins down there that bled. If the swelling does become uncomfortable, you could always try a pair of firmer(to hold it in) pair of undies or a cold pack to ease the pain.

Hope that helps, all the best with the remainder of your pregnancy, I hope that you dont get too much more swelling.

Love

Thanks for this thread... i was wondering too... jsut didn't wanna ask~

Wink

hehe...what a dainty topic!

I'm finding that all my swelling seems to be on the inside -but from early pregnancy (and it has continued) my clit has been much more sensitive and a little bigger....not altogether a problem! Thankfully my labia are rather regular looking!!!

My girlfriend was telling me that the term 'corned beef curtains' was very good at describing her bits....ewww! She said that it was a good thing that they'd been baned from having sex (incompetant cervix) as she thought her hubby would never get over the psychological scars of seeing her like that!

Ooh ahh you cheeky devil Emma! I thought you & stu were no longer before Gab's was born! hehehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast