Thread: anyone else overdue

belinda3 Guest

Default anyone else overdue

i am now 41 plus3 days and starting to wonder what is going on.
    first baby was 1 week overdue and 2nd was 5 days early, i was certain this one was going to be a week or 2 early, so have been expecting to go into labor for weeks now! mostly i feel ok but cant do a whole lot without getting short of breath and the only comfortable position is lying on my side in bed, (until my hips get sore and i have to get up again).i am trying every natuaral induction method with no luck, but am getting worried about a medical induction, would prefer to stay well away from all that. both my previous labors were natural with just some gas. but then i also dont want to put my baby at risk by not wanting medical induction.
    does anyone have an opinion on how long to wait to go into labor naturally.
    is anyone else feeling like it is not really going to happen at all, i am even past being excited, i just get up each day not even expecting it to happen! but i guess it will eventually.
    belinda

Hi Belinda,

i am surprised (pleasently) that you have been able to go this far without being coerced into induction already.

I was induced at 41+3, but really 38-42 weeks is considered full term, so by that reckoning you aren't overdue yet...

becmc Guest

Good luck Belinda.
    I was induced at 10 days over with ds, would highly avoid it.
    This time I will be waiting up to 43 weeks, at least. Up to 42 weeks can be quite normal, though people will try and convince you otherwise, and after that they can monitor you and your baby to make sure everything is fine.
    In my opinion, inducing a healthy pregnancy is actually far more risky than waiting a few more days!!
    Hope everything goes well for you.

Hi Belinda,
    I have just hit my due date today but am pretty sure he isn't planning on coming too soon. I started acupuncture treatment today. Have you considered that? I went to the acupuncturist at the Australian College of Natural Medicine in the Valley in Brisbane because she is very good and is the lecturer for the college. It doesn't hurt and is effective for most people. I will let you know how I go.

Belinda, I'm 41+1 weeks. I have my ob appt to discuss my options as bub doesn't look like engaging anytime soon and I really haven't had any labour symptoms.

Wishing you all the best for a natural labour

I was induced with both my babies, first time due to pre-eclampsia and the second time at 3days after our due date because I was already 4cm dilated and had been in pre-labour for weeks so just had my waters broken and 3hours later our bubba was born. I was like you, expecting bubba for weeks and it was so hard when our e date came and went - esp knowing I was 4cm and the flabour just wouldn't become established!

I guess it depends if you are dilated at all but I didnfind medical induction that bad, but I suppose it depends why you want to avoid induction. If your dr is happy to monitor you and you are happy being pg I've heard you can go up to 43+ weeks. I guess it is up to you and how you feel. Good luck with your decsion.

hi there, my sympathies, i know how you feel lol. i went into labour naturally at 40+5weeks and i hated those last days as i was convinced i was going early. my hospital would not book you for an induction until 40+10 much to my disgust at the time. my ob did a stretch and sweep at 40+3 and i was 1cm dilated. we tried every natural induction method. the night before i went into labour dh and i dtd. we will never know what it was that bought on labour. i was so uncomfortable that i would have gone induction but it is up to you and your hospital. sending you lots of labour vibes, hope you meet your little one soon.

just a curiosity question?
    Are any of you that are /was over due take EPO or RLT?
    I am thinking about taking it, so just wondering if anyone that has taken it, still have gone over, as i am assuming that it helps you to go either on time, if not abit earlier?